Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A6 -03 rear speakers and subwoofer dead after service

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 11:31 AM
1st Gear
Default A6 -03 rear speakers and subwoofer dead after service

Hey guys. I've replaced my original audi concert stereo with an pioneer p85bt aftermarket radio and everything has worked fine until yesterday.
I left my car at service and they replaced the common thing like oil and stuff like that.
But when I picked up the car I noticed that the original audi subwoofer and the rear speakers isn't working any more.
The rooflamp in the trunk is also dead and when I flash left with my turnsignals it suddenly flashes twice as fast as normal, but then back to normal tempo again. What can have happened at the service?

I'm sure they'll say that it isn't their fault so I don't think it's any idea to ask them, that's why I ask you.
Maybe a fuse has blown, in that case which number?

And I also wonder if anybody has got a wireschedule over the connector to the subwoofer so i can fix a new remotecable from the rearlight or something like that, cause I think the remote 12v + cable from the HU is the problem.
I wanna know the cable colors because I've measured the red/yellow cable to the amp and it seems like it got 12v +.

Thanks!

Old 05-18-2010, 10:36 PM
1st Gear
Default speakers not working

check if there are any wires pinched under the car where they lifted it ??????
and get out your manual to read fuse locations
good luck

Old 05-19-2010, 07:43 AM
1st Gear

Definitely check all your fuses, the fact that everything in your trunk seemed to stop working at the same time is a huge red flag. And it wouldn't hurt to bring it in and tell them I know you assume they'll say "not our fault" but it's entirely possible that the person who worked on your car will say "ya know I did open the trunk to do such and such maybe I disconnected something by mistake".