Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A6 2.7T rough erratic idle after 2nd ary water pump change

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 04:37 PM
Default A6 2.7T rough erratic idle after 2nd ary water pump change

I had my 2000 A6 2.7T car in for service to repair the leak i hade in my water pump,(secondary the one in back, its electrical) when it was put back together the shop called me and told me my car is running like ****, i said it wasent when i brought it to you. They did the once over 2 different times, checking vacume hoses, wires etc. noting still doing it after they said they fixed it it was a loose vacuum line ( a flap had folded over??? in the vacum line). Problem came back in a week and was real bad...THOUGHT I HAD A 442 CHEVELLE. **** WAS LOPING ,SHAKING AT IDLE, MISSFIRING ETC.
PART 2

I go to adui, I figure they make it they should be able to fix it quickk (not cheap!) well 1500 buck lates and various parts replaced they still couldnt figure it out, they want to do more troubleshooting at my expense. HELL NO. They replaced the ignition control module, said that was the problem, replace both oxygen sensors(said that was the problem,,,wasent) all they were doing were doing was chasing codes. my car still dosemt run right i have according to the codes , multiple miss fires in cyc 2,3,4 6,1 .

the car missfires randomliy, at idle or while drivinf at any speed, comes and goes, when im stopped and it show up and i accellarate i can just push through it and it will move the car but it will still missfire, then go away and come back very soon after. the check engine light will go on and off when it occurs and stops.

HELP!!!!!!!!!! ANY ONE HAVE THIS PROBLEM....... I bought a scanner so i can look at the codes and put my cost free trouble shooting hours into it. any advice would be VERY MUCH APPREACIATED!> THANKS[][][]

Old 01-09-2008, 02:50 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: A6 2.7T rough erratic idle after 2nd ary water pump change

To me it sounds like your timing belt jumped a tooth or two...Have you had the timing belt done yet, if not, how many miles on your car?

Old 01-09-2008, 07:20 AM
Default RE: A6 2.7T rough erratic idle after 2nd ary water pump change

it would be very odd that it did it while at the mechanics, but i have 74k on the car and have not have the belt done