Go Back  AudiForums.com > Audi Models > Audi A6
A6 C6 Alarm Horn / Siren location >

A6 C6 Alarm Horn / Siren location

Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.

A6 C6 Alarm Horn / Siren location

Old 10-08-2017, 05:20 PM
1st Gear
Default A6 C6 Alarm Horn / Siren location

Howdy, I'm the new owner of a 2005 Audi A6 Quattro 3.2L - I think that makes it an A6 C6. The alarm horn / siren does is not going off, I can trigger the alarm and the lights flash but no alarm siren. I read that the alarm horns can go bad due to battery failure and leakage over the circuit board.

So I'm trying to locate the alarm horn and I simply cannot find it. I have searched the internet and found threads where people reveal the alarm horn location but it's not the model car I have.
I have removed the driver's side trunk liner and removed the audio equipment rack looking for it underneath the rack and to the left and right of that rack - I'm pretty certain it's not in that compartment.
I have looked for it in the spare tire compartment and found what I thought was the alarm horn but that turned out to be the battery control module.
I have looked inside of the passenger's side trunk liner where the jack and fuse panel is located - I did not remove anything from this compartment so may it's there and I'm overlooking it.

Please help me find this thing!

Old 12-10-2017, 05:58 PM
1st Gear

Bump! Please chime in guys, I still haven't found that alarm horn!