AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   Audi A6 (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a6-9/)
-   -   A6 exhaust question (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a6-9/a6-exhaust-question-98486/)

TopGUn86 04-13-2008 02:07 AM

A6 exhaust question

yo, Im considering cutting out my cats/resonator and running straight pipes. Anything I need to look out for (besides angry hippies)? problems with o2 sensors? Heat issues? Recommendations?

Thanks in advance

TopGUn86 04-13-2008 05:46 PM

RE: A6 exhaust question

bump.. anyone??? im thinking about doing this tomorrow (i live in the mountains and dont have to worry bout emissions)

madrussian 04-13-2008 06:30 PM

bump

GDET09 04-14-2008 12:04 AM

BUMP. This would be useful info!!

joetm 04-14-2008 04:26 PM

buummpp

where is joeski ... i kno he designed his own exhaust

Joeski 04-15-2008 09:05 AM

Hey all!

I am cutting my resonators out as well. It will allow more exhaust flow and give you an additional pony or two. Your cats however are another story....

I am currently running APR downpipes with test pipes (no cats) married to a Milltek exhaust system. I have to put my cats back on because I live in PA where the car has to be inspected every year, so consider where you live and what your local laws are.

If you are looking for a better/deeper sound, there are plenty of options.....

Vast Piggies (great price - modified OEM equipment) or Milltek DP's (expensive) or APR DP's (expensive).
APR catback, Milltek catback, Remus catback, Supersprint catback exhaust systems
Cutting out resonators for more flow.

I am going to cut out my resonators and see how it performs and sounds. If I do not like it, then I'm going to cut out the Milltek mufflersand put in Magnaflows.

Remember it all comes at a cost. I have over $3K in my exhaust and I'm still cutting it up.

OOOO

joetm 04-15-2008 10:08 AM

ur crazy man ... just sell the miltek cat back then ull b only 2 grand deep and buy some stainless steel pipe n get it bent ... i heard of ppl just buying like 20 feet of pipe n takin it to a metal guy and he will bend it like the stock exhaust then u can throw your magnaflows on there

Joeski 04-15-2008 10:16 AM

ORIGINAL: joetm

ur crazy man ... just sell the miltek cat back then ull b only 2 grand deep and buy some stainless steel pipe n get it bent ... i heard of ppl just buying like 20 feet of pipe n takin it to a metal guy and he will bend it like the stock exhaust then u can throw your magnaflows on there
Hey Joetm, Whats up! I'm with you on the crazy! When you love these cars as we do, it gets the best of you sometime! What can I say.....My car has me by the balls! And you know what, I have to say I love it!

OOOO

joetm 04-15-2008 10:25 AM

tru tru

madrussian 04-15-2008 01:37 PM

Im from MN, so dont realy care for inspection. But will i get any power if i cut out preaty much everythingand put magnapacks on? Will it help my turbos, will the check engine light com on if i just put stock o2 housig in the same spot that it was before? I think it will be most cost effective way to run exhaust.