Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A6 Quattro Atermarket Stereo Installation

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2010, 04:32 PM
Default A6 Quattro Atermarket Stereo Installation

I am new to this so please bare with me. This is our (husband and I) first Audi. It came with a JVC kd ar-200 stereo already in it. The stereo works fine and we would prefer to keep that unit. The only trouble that we are having is with the back/rear speakers do not work. We have tried wiring schematics but with no luck because the wires from the car are all green green/black. I found that on one post that someone used this: AUDI 1988+ and VW 1988+ AMPLIFIED RADIO HARNESS : #1470. But before I ordered I just wanted to make sure that it would work. Really all I want out of this is for my rear speakers to work, lol. But from what I've gathered it doesn't seem to be an easy task. Our car is a 1995 A6 Quattro. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much!!

Old 08-03-2010, 10:41 PM
1st Gear

The Kenwood Head unit that you have is only 2 channels. To get the rear speakers to work you will need to connect the front channels with the speakers for the rear channel. You will not be able to fade the signal from front to back. The amplify integration harness can integrate the preamp from the head unit with the existing Bose speaker amps. However since you only have a 2 channel head unit you will not be able power the rear amps and speakers unless you made some jumper cable to send the signal from the front preamp to the rear. Also if the bose amp and speaker are still in use, you need to reduce the speaker voltage to avoid over driving the bose amp.