Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

a6 quattro problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2011, 03:01 PM
1st Gear
Question a6 quattro problem

i just bought a 2000 a6 quattro 2.7 and when i bought it for the test drive they didn't let me take it off the lot ( pretty good size parking lot) and for those speeds (not over 20-30ish) it runs fine but if i give my car more than say 40 percent throttle it starts jerking and feels like its bogging down and it also wont rev over 4k. i just replaced my maf as i thought that may have been the problem after doing some reading on this as well as other forums but the car is still reving slow and then jerking when i get in to it. i dont really know where else to turn for the culprit i also have a CEL and will have autozone scan that as soon as i can but any help will be greatly appreciated

Old 02-18-2011, 04:02 PM
1st Gear

Take it back to the dealer and make them fix it. Since the dealer would not let you test it above a certain speed and the problem happens over the test driven speed then it's their problem. If you bought it AS-IS then your SOL, sorry!

Old 02-18-2011, 05:49 PM
AudiForums WilkommenVagen Direktor

^^^

this

Old 02-19-2011, 01:11 AM
1st Gear

yea i bought it as is, but in the glove compartment i found a receipt from where they had some codes pulled and said the car was sluggish with acc. so they knew it had problems but didnt try to make me aware of it i figure that has to fall under some branch of the lemon laws right? but if not ill still have to fix it. thanks for the replies

Old 02-19-2011, 07:52 AM
AudiForums WilkommenVagen Direktor

Do you have the codes that they got? If not get it scanned and post. We can help you.

Old 02-19-2011, 11:25 AM
1st Gear

when they scanned it the codes were for the maf and i just replaced it with one i picked up from a salvage yard and the other code was for the abs module and ive read my best bet is to send it off to module masters but ill have A.Z. scan it again asap and ill post the codes they pull. thanks in advance for the help.

Old 02-19-2011, 12:16 PM
2nd Gear

Forget AutoZone. Those codes are next to useless. Get a VAG-COM cable, download the software and read them yourself.

The car does NOT fall under a Lemon Law due to age/mileage. It MIGHT fall under a fitness for useability clause. But, if they had that window sticket that said in big letters AS IS WHERE IS etc., you are probably on your own. BUT go back and ask them to fix it. Find out what kind of dealer they are. Most likely, they will try to work something out with you, even if it means putting you in a different car. When you talk to them, remember to not lose your temper, that ultimately you are responsible, that they won't repond to threats and that they DO want you as a happy customer. Generally, unless they are REALLY Schlocky, they will do something for you.

Good luck and next time, if they won't let it out on the street, walk away!

Bob

Old 02-22-2011, 01:48 AM
1st Gear

ok guys thanks for posting but i found my problem. it was in the form a a HUGE boost leak coming from as you probably guessed by now the TBB ill attach a pic of it. so I hit up the salvage yard near my house and picked up another one and the car runs a thousand times better now, pulls insanely hard all the way through the gears.

Attached Thumbnails a6 quattro problem-img_20110222_011826.jpg  
Old 02-22-2011, 10:44 AM
1st Gear

Glad you where able to find the problem. Enjoy your new car!

Old 02-22-2011, 11:10 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by NDMorePower
Glad you where able to find the problem. Enjoy your new car!
Thanks, and i am already enjoying this a6 its a HUGE step up from what i was driving before.

Quick Reply: a6 quattro problem