Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ABS light

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 02:18 PM
1st Gear
Default ABS light

I got an abs light. found one of the spped sensors in the control arm was dented in. No idea how that happened. So I replaced it and the light was still on. Its the only light. Got it read at autozone. P1522 was the code something about a manufacturer for a speed sensor.??? what gives. Got the guy to reset it and it came back on 1 mile down the road. Any ideas

Old 11-26-2007, 02:28 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: ABS light

p1522=intake camshaft contr.Bank2 malfuntion.

Old 11-27-2007, 07:39 AM
1st Gear

Allright let me see if I can explain this. Had a CEL forever. Changed the throttle body(dealer suggested). Still had a CEL. changed the spark plugs and replaced the valve cover gaskets. they were leaking bad out and into the spark plug holes. At this point I still have a CEL and ABS light. Go to autozone to get the codes read. Right after he plugs it in bothlights go out. He tells me he is getting a P0301=misfire cyl.1, and another P1522. I thought he said it was a manufacturer/dealer code for a faulty speed sensor. But I may be mistaken. So my questionsare If I had a p1522=intake camshaft contr.Bank2 malfuntion would my CEL be on?
Would the ABS light have given a code, or just stated what the problem is? (The guy at autozone may have told me the two codes, and then read a fault description for the ABS light which I assumed was the explanation of the second code(p1522)) Any Ideas? Thanks

Old 12-01-2007, 04:38 PM
3rd Gear

I think the discrepancy for the fault comes in the tool at autozone being gerneric. The scan tool gave a manufacturer speed sensor fault. Audi may have used that code to describe a differentce in the speed of the cam sensor to the engine speed sensor. Which equtes to a camshaft timing fault. Usuually when a generic scan tool gives a manufacturer fault,the manufacturer has some leeway in deciding exactly what to call it and what can trigger it. In this case, the only government requirement was probably something to do with a camshaft speed sensor.
As for the abs fault, what was the fault? Was the tone ring on the cv shaft damaged or just the sensor?

Old 12-11-2007, 06:33 AM
1st Gear

well my CEL has been of for atleast a week. seems to be running better. But I still have the ABS light. What is the tone ring.? is that that brass cage like piece that goes around the sensor. If so it was not damaged just the sensor. I have since replaced the sensor with a new one from autopartswarehouse.com and it hooked up correctly.was just like the original. I haven't pulled the wheel again to check it out yet . I was hoping you guys had some suggestions. Is it possible for a tone ring to be bad and cause this fault??
thanks and sorry I am so late reposting.

Old 12-11-2007, 08:55 AM
3rd Gear

It would be better if you stopped chasing your butt and got the corect codes using VAG-COM for the CEL and ABS light.

The two are most likelyseperate issues, and you need to seewhat the codesare before changing a bunch of parts.

Of course - you can change the whole car, one part at a time, if you want -- But it would cost less tofix the problem.