Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adding Tranny Fluid

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 05:44 PM
1st Gear
Default Adding Tranny Fluid

I own an Audi A6 2.7T, slushbox (tiptronic). I have a transmission fluid leak. It was dripping very slowly and the performance hadn't suffered, so I didn't rush to the mechanic to fix the problem. Actually I had a mechanic look at it while I was getting a new belt put on and was told, I should have it fixed, of course but, it was not leaking enough to become a major issue anytime soon (bad advice, I know...now).

Fast forward a 5 months to now. Today I had a check engine blinking, tranny slipping ride home from work, where I didn't know if I'd make it or F**k up my car trying to. I took a pause after it started going nuts (before riding the rest of the way home 12 miles total) and noticed white smoke lightly coming from under the engine on the coolant tank side.

I'm not a mechanic but I'm pretty sure I'm out of tranny fluid and driving my car from the spot its at now is certain doom. How do I add fluid to the vehicle? I have a warranty and am pretty sure I'm covered, but an Audi dealership is pretty far away and I live in the sticks now and dont want to trust my 6 to any joe schmo that doesn't know crap about euros. Is it a PITA to get tranny fluid in? Or is it something I can tackle? Any insight into this is well appreciated.

Old 10-21-2007, 12:52 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: Adding Tranny Fluid

You wont be able to get trans fluid in. You have to put it in thru a hole int he bottom of the trans with the engine running. Are you sure its just not misfiring? Thats usually waht a flashing check engine light means. Either way you shouldnt drive it thou.

Old 10-21-2007, 01:00 PM

#

[IMG]local://upfiles/12092/ABFA31B94D70410685B410188E9EB65A.jpg[/IMG]

Old 10-22-2007, 11:53 PM
1st Gear

I dropped it off at the dealership tonite. Hopefully it'll be something thats covered under my DriveTrain Warranty.
Dankhound, if it is misfiring.. what do you suggest? and what causes that? Sorry about the noob questions, but never had this happen on any of my vehicles.
If this info helps, i was getting some shaking while idling and the the day i was driving it, it was going from slow to fast with my pedal in the same position w/ the rpm needle bouncing. One of my peoples said thats not the tranny slipping. IDK....