Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

After Market Warranties

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2006, 11:28 PM
Default After Market Warranties

I just purchased an Audi A6 3.0 and I was wondering if anyone knew of a good Extended Auto Warranty program I could purchase for a reasonable amount with dependable claims service.

Old 08-02-2006, 11:42 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: After Market Warranties

If you are still covered under the factory warranty, then the Audi Pure Protection is a good option. The "Platinum" coverage has an exclusionary warranty, which means that there is a specific list of items that are nto covered, and you have that list in-hand, so there are no suprises. Otehr warrnaties are available, but they may or may not have the same parts covered.

I made my comparisons, talked to the independent shops as well as the service department at my local dealer to see if they had any that they did NOT like becuase of the claim process, etc., and ended up working a great deal on the Audi Pure Protection.

Old 08-07-2006, 08:24 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Boston Driver

If you are still covered under the factory warranty, then the Audi Pure Protection is a good option. The "Platinum" coverage has an exclusionary warranty, which means that there is a specific list of items that are nto covered, and you have that list in-hand, so there are no suprises. Otehr warrnaties are available, but they may or may not have the same parts covered.

I made my comparisons, talked to the independent shops as well as the service department at my local dealer to see if they had any that they did NOT like becuase of the claim process, etc., and ended up working a great deal on the Audi Pure Protection.
So I take it you can buy the car somewhere else and still get a good warrantly through Audi. How much did yours run you?

Old 08-08-2006, 11:46 AM
1st Gear

Mine was around $2k for an additional 3 years and up to 100k miles. I think it was pretty close to cost for the Platinum coverage. Yes, I bought the car in Chicago from a non-Audi dealer, but bought the Audi Pure Protection from the local Audi dealer.

Old 08-08-2006, 03:57 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Boston Driver

Mine was around $2k for an additional 3 years and up to 100k miles. I think it was pretty close to cost for the Platinum coverage. Yes, I bought the car in Chicago from a non-Audi dealer, but bought the Audi Pure Protection from the local Audi dealer.
Nice, I think that is the route I will take.

Old 08-11-2006, 03:41 AM
1st Gear

Hi, I bought a 98 A6 in 2002 and bought an after market warraty. It worked out well for me. I paid around 1800 for 55,000 miles of coverage on almost everything except wear items, like brakes, struts, belts, filters, etc. The company I bought the warranty from went bankrupt, but they sold my warranty to another company before they went bankrupt. Many of their customers lost their money. Technically all after market warranty companies have a "back-up" insurance company, but I am not sure that back-up company is willing to pay out claims. My understanding is that many of these companies have come and gone. One point is that you probably should have a pre-warranty inspection. This protects you from the "pre-existing" condition clause as it forces the warranty company to list any current problems and items they will not cover. Example, if you don't have the inspection and a tie-rod fails 6,000 miles after the warranty is in effect, they can say it went bad 8,000 miles ago, how they know that I don't know. That is the only problem I had. Also when you are doing repairs, you may have to take an extra day or two if they need to do an inspection.