Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

air filters

Old 04-18-2008, 02:18 AM
1st Gear
Default air filters

moi ... 2001 a6 2.7t ming blue 52.5k miles

good morning ...

most recent cars were nissan 200sx se-r, nissan 300zx and subaru outback ... in all 3, i used k&n filters and saw some improvement in performance

so, what's your experience out there with k&n for my audi? any improvement in performance worth the money? any suggestion for other air filters?

do you know the correct part number for this model car? i have seen several listed, ranging in price from $47 to around $64 ... i'm looking for a drop-in replacement, which is what i had with the nissans and subaru

i'm the least handy person i know ... so is it just a matter of "popping" an airfilter holder, taking out the old and inserting the new, or is there more involved?

finally, i've also seen k&n filters that look conical, and are also quoted as going on the audi ... is that some sort of upgrade, or a replacement for the stock air input or ????

any help cheerfully appreciated

thanks & regards,

dennis

Old 04-18-2008, 08:28 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: air filters

I am currently using a K&N drop in filter. It has worked well for me. You just need to be careful and not overoil it. The other option is an ITG filter which works well also. There is an "S-Flo" intake available that fits inside the factory airbox. I've heard they work well too.

There is some work involved getting the filter element in the airbox. You need to pop 3 or 4 clips that hold the box together. The one along the firewall is a real PITA to get back in place. I use a hanger that I put a hook on the end of it to help me reattach it.

OOOO