Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone with HIDs in fog lights?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 08:45 AM
1st Gear
Default Anyone with HIDs in fog lights?

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone with the B5 A6 has HIDs int heir fogs? If so you have any pics? I took out my stock HID bulbs and put in some phillips 6000k and now Im about to buy another phillips kit w/ ballast for my fogs. You think its too ricey? Anyway anyone also know what bulb the fogs use? Is it an H4?

Old 03-05-2008, 04:31 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Anyone with HIDs in fog lights?

I think HID fogs would look good.

Xenons are my next purchase. where did you get yours from? do you have any pics of the install? I know its simple, but it woul dbe nice to see how someone did it before I begin...

thanks

Old 03-06-2008, 01:13 AM
1st Gear

i'm not sure what that would look like, i've never seen anyone that's done it yet, so tryit out and take some pictures!

oh, and i think you mean C5 A6. the "B" seriesare the A4 models.

Old 03-06-2008, 01:17 AM
1st Gear

i have them ill get some pics

Old 03-06-2008, 08:13 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: CaptTrev

I think HID fogs would look good.

Xenons are my next purchase. where did you get yours from? do you have any pics of the install? I know its simple, but it woul dbe nice to see how someone did it before I begin...

thanks
I actually got them off eBay for $100 shipped. I already had stock HID's so no ballast was needed, just the bulbs. Didn't want to go higher then 6000k bc then your getting into Honda Rice territory. I actually had one bulb go out on me but it came with warranty so right now im awaiting for my replacement. As for install, I attempted it myself but I think I was too weak to get the stupid ring that holds the bulb off the back of the headlamp. There isn't much room on the drivers side headlight to really move around. So I brought it to my mechanic, he did it for $15. I will get pics for you when my replacement bulb comes. I'm actually awaiting my spoiler to take some nice pics with my Canon G9. So it may be 4-5 days. If you want something quick I can snap some shots for you whenever. Lemme know.

mustang196718
Date 3/5/2008 10:13:27 PM

i'm not sure what that would look like, i've never seen anyone that's done it yet, so tryit out and take some pictures!

oh, and i think you mean C5 A6. the "B" seriesare the A4 models.

Lol oops. Yeah sometimes my name reflects how dumb I can be.

njp17
Date 3/5/2008 10:17:02 PM

i have them ill get some pics

Oooooh, please do, I really would like to see them be4 purchasing. I'm into a clean look not a ricey one.

Old 03-06-2008, 06:38 PM
1st Gear

Hey I actually did this in my MB CLK 430. It looks good if you get a match with your stock HID's. The only problem is people think you have you high beams on all the time. I will post some pics later if I can find them.

Old 03-08-2008, 10:31 PM
2nd Gear

i saw an a6 with the hid fogs looked pretty cool ... i was always a fan of a bright yellow tho.

Old 03-09-2008, 05:37 PM
1st Gear

I'd still like to see some pics - not just of the lights turned on, but behind the light assembly, and how hard they were to install.

I assume I need to upgrade the wiring harness and get a kit that has ballasts and bulbs. I have read a lot about the "K" rating. Id go 4300 or 6000..not sure which yet.

In my 2000, I have the projector halogens. is there any write-up anywhere on how to do the halogen to xenon swap?

thanks,

Old 03-10-2008, 07:59 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: CaptTrev

I'd still like to see some pics - not just of the lights turned on, but behind the light assembly, and how hard they were to install.

I assume I need to upgrade the wiring harness and get a kit that has ballasts and bulbs. I have read a lot about the "K" rating. Id go 4300 or 6000..not sure which yet.

In my 2000, I have the projector halogens. is there any write-up anywhere on how to do the halogen to xenon swap?

thanks,
I'll see what I can do for you, I'll def. get you pics....lets say later this week when it gets a tad warmer. I already had stock HIDs so i didn't need a ballast. If you have halogen you need the ballast AND bulbs. Install is usually very easy, most kits are plug and play, you need to find a place to mount the ballast and the bulbs should go right into your housing unit. Projectors HIDs require a D2S bulb. I would go with exactly what you said 4300 - 6000k. The HIGHER the Kelvin output the less light output you have on the road, plus the worse it looks...IMO, at least over 6000k. Also make sure you go with a quality bulb like Phillips, otherwise your going to be buying bulbs for along time.