Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anyone with a VAG near Meriden CT?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2008, 12:01 AM
1st Gear
Default anyone with a VAG near Meriden CT?

Friends, my A6 won't start, its been sitting on the street for about three weeks. When it starts it begins to shake and the engine light goes off... sometimes the battery light.

I just poured $3500 into it to change the torque converter, the electrical fan, and a few other small things. I figured that at least my car would be good through the winter! Like i mentioned briefly before, that was the money I was saving for a vacation... Now im broke without a car, and don't know how to diagnose it. Since I can't drive it to a local pep boys, etc. what do you all suggest I do? I don't have the $$ for the VAG, or the wire & program (i don't have a laptop)... at the very least I would like to diagnose it so that I can at least know a ballpark of what I am going to spend when I have it towed to either the nearby stealership or the over an hour drive to an authorized shop.

Anyone in the vicinity who can help? maybe with a vag? or with a decent shop??

anyone care to discuss my dilemma and maybe by going back and forth we can come to a conclusion?

thanks in advance.

Old 10-25-2008, 01:21 PM
1st Gear

For big engine problems like you describe, any OBD2 scan tool should enlighten you. I saw one in Harbor Freight for $40, but they are generally available for $100 or less in Sears, Pep Boys, etc. Once you have fault codes, diagnosing from there becomes possible.