Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Audi A6 Flashing climate controlls

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2005, 07:44 AM
1st Gear
Default Audi A6 Flashing climate controlls

Every time I start my car and turn on the climate controlls, the temperature, and fanspeed indicator displays flash for about 90 seconds or more. Everything seems to work fine, however this is starting to tick me off! Any help would be appreciated.
-Houndz

Old 06-25-2005, 03:02 PM
Default RE: Audi A6 Flashing climate controlls

Hi Houndz. I have exactly the same problem with mine so I went on this site to see if anyone had an answer. My brother (who works for VW) thinks that maybe it might need re-gassing and that's why it's flashing. But we don't know for sure.

Old 06-25-2005, 03:08 PM
1st Gear

You know what is really wierd is that this started happening after I unplugged the climate controlls once to install a aftermarket radio. A fluke?

Old 06-25-2005, 03:32 PM

I've had the car since last November and the guy who sold it to me, said that that's what it was supposed to do. But I wasn't convinced that it was supposed to do that but as you say the thing actually seems to work OK so I just assumed that it must be alright.
However, my brother is working on the car right now and he doesn't think that it should be flashing like that so he was going to re-gas the system in case that's what the problem is. Thing is, we can't seem to find what to pressurise the system to.

It seems odd as you say, that it's been doing it since you dis-connected it - I wonder if it needs hooking up to a diagnostic's machine and re-setting like some things do these days on 'computerised' cars. I'll give my brother a quick ring and tell him what you've said and see what he thinks.

Old 06-25-2005, 03:43 PM

Hello again, just as I was about to ring him, he rang me to say he's re-gassed the car ( he found out that it's to be pressurised to between 750 and 850!!) and it's still flashing and it's just as cold as it was before.

He says he finds it hard to believe that un-plugging it would cause the problem becasue it would show up as a fault on the diagnostics system and it's not doing that for mine when he hooks it up. It's showing no fault at all.

So it looks like we're still not-the-wiser and need someone else visiting this site, to hopefully come up with the answer. Sorry I couldn't be of more help !

Old 06-29-2005, 11:33 AM
1st Gear

Well i had a same problem with CLIMATRONIC ,what u need to do is :
Connect the diagnostic program (VAG-COM) than 08 AUTO HVAC the then move to 04 Basic Settings ,then on channel 60 click read they will appear 4 fields were they will have number EXAMPLE 23 or 250,then just leave it to run by his own until the fields become on all fields 00 they will move up and down untile they become adjusted ,then u close the program and the Aircodition will work fine .REMMEMBER THE VEHICLE SHOULD BE RUNNING WHILE WORKING ON THIS.
BEST REGARDS

Old 07-22-2005, 09:52 AM
1st Gear

Well i had the same problem flashing climate display when i turn the ignition on... and the flap motors wasnt working at all , so i followed the procedure which vivastar suggested to us , and the result was perfect , everything now works properly!

a big thanks for you pal!