Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.

Audi a6 vacum leak help!!!

  #11  
Old 12-24-2008, 07:38 PM
Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 65
Default

Originally Posted by hxgaser View Post
Yeah that is true if there is a leak in the engine compartment. Considering his problem is somewhere with in EVAP return system, it may not work.
I wouldnt try with that fluid...

BTW I changed my timing belt today and I forgot one screw somewhere I am sure it is not anything from engine parts. It is Allen 6mm bolt with big washer on it...

here is the picture: http://i11.ebayimg.com/04/i/000/9f/6e/de28_2.JPG
washer: http://www.americanmodeleng.com/site.../washer.01.jpg


Update: that bolt was old bolt form tensioner roller, new one came with the roller and it was installed with the roller.
 

Last edited by night_rider; 12-25-2008 at 12:45 PM.
  #12  
Old 12-27-2008, 09:53 AM
1st Gear
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 211
Default

based on the code is this leak between the LDP and fuel tank?
I have the same issue on my A4 2.8 30v and am going crazy looking for the EVAP diagram to see how this crap works, the flow and also where these damn hoses run and are connected to.

In my case, ( not sure if it happened during this ) I changed my rear o2 sensor a week ago and a day later the CEL came back on. with 17884 evap leak detection pump insufficient vacuum.

I want to know what hose is this LDP vacuuming pressure from?
 
  #13  
Old 12-27-2008, 05:11 PM
Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 65
Default

Originally Posted by flyromeo3 View Post
based on the code is this leak between the LDP and fuel tank?
I have the same issue on my A4 2.8 30v and am going crazy looking for the EVAP diagram to see how this crap works, the flow and also where these damn hoses run and are connected to.

In my case, ( not sure if it happened during this ) I changed my rear o2 sensor a week ago and a day later the CEL came back on. with 17884 evap leak detection pump insufficient vacuum.

I want to know what hose is this LDP vacuuming pressure from?
it is giving me the same thing but the code is P1476... it is the same engine 2.8 quattro 30v AHA 99.5

I dont know if is a big deal? Can I drive like that? cuz soon I will head for 1000 mile trip...
 
  #14  
Old 12-29-2008, 11:48 AM
hxgaser's Avatar
3rd Gear
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Northern California
Posts: 1,980
Default

Yeah, you will have no problem driving the car like that. It is just emission related.
 
  #15  
Old 12-29-2008, 10:32 PM
Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 65
Default

Originally Posted by hxgaser View Post
Yeah, you will have no problem driving the car like that. It is just emission related.
I thought that the vacuum determines how much air is mixing with gas and this leak can mess up with the gas millage....(thats what I heard from someone)

Also I got the repair manual form my friend and I will try to check all those connections and leaks when I get a chance . Also something here was saying LDP low vacuum so I might check LeakDetectioPump it that LDP stands for
 
  #16  
Old 12-30-2008, 11:26 AM
hxgaser's Avatar
3rd Gear
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Northern California
Posts: 1,980
Default

Nah, the whole purpose of evap system is to burn and get rid of fuel vapor created during normal operating process, so that it does not contaminate atmosphere. It will not affect performance of the car as long as you don't have a leak before the purge valve. (aka N80 valve) Also if you had a leak before the N80 valve, you would not get the same trouble code.

I would just check all the vacuum lines and connections first.
 
  #17  
Old 12-30-2008, 08:43 PM
Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 65
Default

Originally Posted by hxgaser View Post
Nah, the whole purpose of evap system is to burn and get rid of fuel vapor created during normal operating process, so that it does not contaminate atmosphere. It will not affect performance of the car as long as you don't have a leak before the purge valve. (aka N80 valve) Also if you had a leak before the N80 valve, you would not get the same trouble code.

I would just check all the vacuum lines and connections first.

will do that soon
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Dri2.7T
Audi A6
1
04-02-2012 01:58 AM
mcburton
B6 Models
5
07-11-2008 02:46 PM
plblevins
Computer & Fuel Systems
3
02-21-2008 03:21 PM
mackman22
General Tech
2
10-17-2007 09:39 PM
element2050
Audi TT
1
04-15-2006 12:51 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Audi a6 vacum leak help!!!


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.