Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bad dealer service! what would you do?

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 09:23 PM
1st Gear
Default bad dealer service! what would you do?

i think i have to take my car back for a 4th time b/c of a repair they have failed to fix. the supposedly replaced a turbo return line and i have had to take it back 3 times so far b/c it leaks oil. is there a max number of times you can legally (or ethically)take a vehicle back for faulty repair? what would you all do?

Old 09-04-2007, 09:43 AM
Default RE: bad dealer service! what would you do?

Are you paying everytime you take it to them? I would speak to the manager and tell him/her to callyou b4 they start any work on your car and have them point out where the leaks are, that way they have to fix it. Its all up to you how many time you wanna take the car back. Where I'm from, Pep Boys use to do that to people to get them to come back.

Old 09-04-2007, 06:12 PM
1st Gear

I would bring back the service papers that I just recently did and tell them that the problem was not fixed. With all the paper work they can not argue with you and if they do contact the audi district manager (if this is a Audi dealership) and explain your problem. They will get the ball rolling in your favor.

I have never gone that far for service but taking to the manager of the shop is were things usually get fixed.

Old 09-04-2007, 10:03 PM
1st Gear

today the service manager called and asked to give them one more chance to fix it. he came to my office, dropped off a loaner, and took mine back to their dealership. the third time i took it back, the service advisor tried to charge me for oil b/c they had to drain it out to fix the line. I told him they had charged forreplacementoil thefirst time it was "fixed". after debate he said, fine we'll eat it . Im going to see what happens this time.if it continues to leak i will be calling the corporate office and filing a complaint.