Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bad parts from Blauparts.com

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2012, 10:48 PM
1st Gear

Got done on a timing belt job on my 2.7 a6 with the enhanced kit from blauparts. Before we installed or disassembled anything, we inspected every part. And every part was made in germany, italy, or the belts were from the u.s. and everything has been fine so far. one piece of advice I got on prematurely failing water pumps, can be caused by improper installation. Either by someone not fully cleaning the mating surfaces before installation, or a pump not torqued to spec. We found that once you install the pump, let it sit for about 30 mintues or so that way the gasket has a chance to setlle. After that time the bolts will torque about half a foot pound or so.

Old 01-20-2012, 05:19 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by alex0099
Just looking for some info on the quality of TEILEQUALITÄT auto parts.Before I spend 6hrs working on my A4. I have called Blauparts they do not seem to have any info. other than they are a German OEM company.
That it is an OEM supplier sounds like a good recommendation TO me...

Old 01-20-2012, 06:14 PM
1st Gear

Were any of your parts TEILEQUALITÄT?

Old 01-20-2012, 06:22 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by alex0099
Were any of your parts TEILEQUALITÄT?
(1) To whom is your question directed?
(2) Is there something about the named supplier/marketer that you know that we do not know but should know?

Old 01-20-2012, 07:03 PM
1st Gear

I received a Tensioner Damper, Timing Belt Idler, Timing Belt Tensioner and Thermostat for my A4 made by TEILEQUALITÄT. Has any one ever received parts of this brand and if so how is the quality?

Old 08-05-2012, 11:40 PM
1st Gear
Talking Hilarious! best post i've ever read!

Originally Posted by Jeffla
Well, since were venting our Blauparts.com furstrations, I might as well join in.

I've only ordered 2 things from them over the years.

1st was my Bilstein shock kit, I ordered HD front/rear and received sport front/hd rear (my fault for not verifying until 3 years later)

2nd was the rear hatch/liftgate shocks, they're so powerful, when you open the hatch it flies open so fast it shakes the whole car. I must have received shocks for a different car, one with a hatch that weights a lot more than mine. For the 1st month, I had to put all my weight into shutting the hatch (180lbs) and it would still win sometimes. When I called and said I think I received the wrong part, they explained it was the correct part and it would soften in a few weeks. Well 2 years later, it does open a little slower, but you still don't want your face/head anywhere in it's path as it will be removed and I can now shut the gate with just both hands, no need to put my whole by weight into it. But it's not easy, my mom was unable to shut it no matter how hard she tried. I guess I could just replace them, but I've gotten so used to it I don't even think about it. Accept when a friend returns my car and proceeds to tell me how my liftgate nearly decapitated them and then they needed a by standard to help them shut it.

I should make a video of it someday, it's rather funny now that I think about it.
I just have to say how hilarious this is!! HAaHHAAaaaha, you made my day! i just wish i could have been there to watch that whole thing go down. And im still laughing! HAAhaaahaa Priceless! ...

Old 12-27-2013, 03:16 PM
1st Gear
Default Blauparts horror stories continued

Blauparts timing belt kit -- the water pump lasted 51K then it started leaking around the seal. Got my parts from Autohaus this time. The serpentine belt -- from the same kit by Blauparts -- fell apart after 30K and ripped my hood insulation into shreds ($138 from the dealer) in the process, plus a new serpentine belt. NEVER BUYING FROM BLAUPARTS AGAIN, on my part.

Old 12-27-2013, 04:09 PM
1st Gear

They just messaged me the other day trying to sell me their timing kit and I had already ordered the ECS kit... Good thing I didn't switch my order, GO ECS!!!

Old 12-28-2013, 09:30 PM
2nd Gear

Blauparts is really going walmart with these kits!
how can you trust a company that chePens a part that could wipe out your heads when it fails... come charge additional for good water pump bearings and seals.
my bearing cut loose 10k on that POS and it wasnt my fault it failed!
and their belts smell like crap. I go with ECS now myself or stealer.
I hope blauparts doesnt loose any sleep at night with all those blown engines they cause for guys that just want to stay on top of their maintenance.

Old 12-30-2013, 01:46 AM
1st Gear

This is probably my first post here, so I'll give a little background info. I'm one of two employees, and the only mechanic at a dealership that specializes in servicing and selling used Audis. We usually have around 15 cars on the lot for sale.

We buy all of our timing kits from Blauparts, and in the 3 years I've been there, I'm sure I've installed at least 75 of their timing belt kits. Out of the 75 (probably more) kits, I've seen 3 'failures', 2 were related to the tensioner pulley (One was bearing failure at 60k, the 2nd was the sleeve that the belt rides on walking off the bearing, and cut a hole in the timing cover.) The 3rd failure was a waterpump bearing at 80k (the plastic impeller was fine), hardly worth complaining about. All 3 customers brought their cars in with an obvious noise complaint, before any permanent damage was done. I also have two Audis, both 2.7t, and both using Blauparts timing kits without any issues.

I've seen a few different brands packaged in Blauparts' kits, a lot of the parts had the VAG numbers machined off, so they were obviously from an OEM supplier. Lately, I've been getting INA bearings, and a water pump with a cast impeller in their kits. The Flennor serpentine belt is EDPM, and according to Blauparts, Flennor is owned by Gates now.

Blauparts' customer service has always been excellent. In the rare cases where we had a warranty issue, it was handled right away, with replacement parts shipped. We almost always talk to the same person, and orders always arrive the next day. The extra parts they put in the kits are very helpful too. I've never looked at a part in their timing kit and questioned its quality, they use the same parts suppliers as almost everyone else.