Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bad partYou gotta be shitting me!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 03:47 PM
2nd Gear
Default Bad partYou gotta be shitting me!!!

I got my car back last night with a new intake and a new cam seal adjuster. They hooked it up to a machine and flushed the throttle body, fuel sytem, intake etc with a carbon blow. Kinda like a colon blow, but for a car...LOL..Heres the bad part....5 miles from the dealership and the car is still making the same noise as when I brought it in. The noise is centerd right above the intake. Mechanic at the dealer said it might be a valve train issue on the right bank...Point is..car is having some major issues. They are diagnosing the problem this morning and I will post with results. Anybody have any thoughts? Side note..got a Saturn Aura rental instead of the Chevy Aveo like last time. Its sweet! [:'(]..its better than walking I guess.

Old 02-21-2007, 07:14 PM
Ozz
1st Gear
Default RE: Bad partYou gotta be shitting me!!!

Just wondering - what kind of noise is it???

Old 02-21-2007, 07:35 PM
2nd Gear

At 1100 rpm the sound is present..Its a fluttering metal on metal sound and as soon as you get over 1100 rpm's it goes away..Only does this when the car is at optimal temperature. Never happens on cold starts etc. Its hard to describe ( A FAST FLUTTERING SOUND).

Old 02-21-2007, 08:10 PM
Ozz
1st Gear

Probably you figured it out that " I am not just asking" ... Hadkind of strange low tone tickingsound from my engine some time ago (sounds like valvetrain to me), dealer replaced couple of pulleys and then fluttering metalnoise around 2000-3000 RPMs came to my suprize...
To make long story short - it took one month for them to figure out what's wrongand believe me or not, dealer put a complete NEW LEFT HEAD!!! Thanks God not on my expense!

Seems to be ok now :-)

Old 02-21-2007, 09:04 PM
2nd Gear

yeah...its definitely coming from the right bank (standing in front and looking in)...The mechanic knows that much at least. I called about 1/2 hour ago and they were still diagnosing it. What in the head could possibly make that noise? Is it a bum valve? What did they say about yours. I hope I don't have to wait one monthfor them to figure it out.

Old 02-21-2007, 10:12 PM
Ozz
1st Gear

Their final verdict was "insufficient oil pressure in the head" - don't ask me if I believe it or not... After one month of hearing all kind of BS from them!!!

By the way, may be I am to picky, but enginestill sounds odd to me. However it's my first V8, would be interesting to drive and listen other cars with the same engine.

Is you car under warranty?

Old 02-21-2007, 11:40 PM
2nd Gear

Yeah, I am under warranty...Thank God for that. I've only owned the car since last August. I've had plenty of V8's and aside from this sound...itsa a very quiet, smooth motor.

Old 02-22-2007, 01:25 AM
Ozz
1st Gear

Let me know what kind of reason your mechanic will dig out.

Old 02-23-2007, 02:10 PM
Ozz
1st Gear

Is your car still in the shop? Any news???

Old 02-23-2007, 07:36 PM
2nd Gear

They are suppossed to get a hold of me at 2:30 pm this afternoon with a diagnosis. I dont get it. I know its sophisticated, but it isnt a rocket motor. Its a V8 when ya tear down all the glitz. Its mechanical for Christs sakes.

Quick Reply: Bad partYou gotta be shitting me!!!