Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bently A6 Manual .pdf download?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 10:32 AM
1st Gear
Default Bently A6 Manual .pdf download?

I know I'll probably get flamed for even bringing this up. But it would seem to me that with so many people with our cars and on this forum, no one has taken the time to download and circulate a .pdf file for fellow owners. Especially considering how EVERYTHING is expensive on our cars to fix. I mean if anyone wanted to send theirs to me, i can convert it into a .pdf file to share.

Just thought I'd throw this out there.

Old 09-26-2007, 10:18 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Bently A6 Manual .pdf download?

I am new to this Audi thing, and from what I have experienced in this forum. You would be better off asking the "Grim Reaper" for a "Do-over"!

I am going to post my question in the Volvospeed forum and see what happens. You have some real-live "Rocket Scientist" over there!

Good Speed!

Old 09-26-2007, 05:27 PM
1st Gear

Well, I have noticed it's not like my Fiero, Blazer, Concours forum where they freely share documentation. But just like some people would stop at a yellow light and some would speed up and go through, everyone is different and havereasons for doing or not doing certain things.

Old 09-26-2007, 05:59 PM
2nd Gear

Downloading a $100 technical manual off the internet would probably be considered illegal... But hey who hasn't downloaded free stuff anyway? lol I am surprised that you aren't getting flamed incredibly bad right now. Seems like anytime someone asks for a Carfax report on here they get mauled with remarks. I find it kind of hypocritical because I KNOW that everyone has downloaded something free off the internet before. And thanks to forum member on here who ran a Carfax report for me some months ago, it helped me get my baby! lol

Old 09-26-2007, 11:31 PM
SoCal Crew Member

Alias,

I like your honesty. I asked for a free carfax too. That's right; I said it. People usually have their smart comments like, "if you can't afford a carfax, you shouldn't buy an Audi." Horse spit (network breakfast club editing). Unless you work for Carfax or Benltly- get a life. If posting the cd here puts the site at risk, than don't do it. But if it only hurts the feelings of people who have paid for it, than I say boo f'ing hoo cares. Blade- I don't think you should get flamed and your question should be looked at and discussed with the pros and cons of sharing the file. If it is going to risk a law suit or what have you, then we shouldn't do it. Anyone else?

Old 09-27-2007, 03:51 PM
1st Gear

That's why I prefaced my statement. Expecting to get flamed but hoped someone would come through that wouldn't mind. I don't see what the big deal is about getting CarFaxes. If you pay for a year, or even a month subscription, and you find the car you want in a week, what else are you going to do with it? So what could itpossibly hurtto help out someone that is trying to hopefully get a good vehicle like you did? On the Fiero forum, people would advertise having a CarFax subscription and for whoever wanted or needed one to contact them. But those are Fieros though. The don't cost much to buy or fix.

As far as the manual, somehow I doubt there are enough A6s out there that would put Bentley out of business if a copy was circulated. Not everyone that has an A6 is in this forum or in the AW forum. I mean chances are you'll end up taking it to the dealer and or mechanic for the major stuff anyway. I know I would have to. But it would be nice to be able tobe able to do the minor stuff withoutneeding to spend $100+ on a book or coming on here and asking for help all the time. However, I may just go ahead and buy one and then circulate it and see if the world ends.

Old 09-27-2007, 07:24 PM
1st Gear

While I am not above D/Ling something for free, I understand a company'sneed to protect their copywrite.
Bently would be smart to offer forum (this and others)members a 'group buy' at half off, I'd bet they would sell a lot of manuals they otherwise wouldn't.

Old 09-27-2007, 07:39 PM
1st Gear

I got mine for about $35 from Amazon by agreeing to get one of their credit cards and getting an instant $30 off my first purchase. I also got it on CD off E-bay along with a fault code analyzer. I don't need the CD and would be willing to sell it but you would need to get an initialization code from Bentley for $45 to use it.

Old 09-27-2007, 07:50 PM
1st Gear

just to let you know. I work for webhosting company, we get call all the time from fbi, local police about people posting copy righted materials.
it's not worse paying that big fine, goin court. etc.
people putting cd's pdf that are copy righted get busted so fast you don't even want to know...
just pay for it save your time and $.