Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BMW 750 bites the dust!

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 05:11 AM
1st Gear
Default BMW 750 bites the dust!

Okay Okay months ago when I joined this forum I was fueled by the thought of racing on the highways within city limits. After listening to most of you 'veterans' saying how much of an unsafe 'phase' that you all had gotten over, I reluctantly threw away my heavy shoes (for racing that is, I still flirt with the speed limit)....

But last Monday morning around 3am (on the Belt Parkway-near Coney Island for those in the NYC) I'm cruising doing 65mph in the express lane-the right most lane (I had one of my boyz riding with me discussing an upcoming bachelor party..sorry to digress...)...Anyway I'm approaching this 7 series Beamer (not sure of the year but it's a 750-fairly new model) which is in my lane so I easily pass him and resume cruising in the express lane... Like 30 seconds later, this Macho Man speeds right pass me to about a 4 car length lead and instantly flips on his friggin HAZARDS! Now I'm no dummy. We're like the only cars on the road so I knew he was sending an "F-You" to me. And I'm thinking to myself: 1) Dude just initiated a race, I didn't know we were racing the whole time; and 2) you can flip on the "win" sign while holding a lead for like half a second! So I immediately massage my accelerator and breeze right past him at about 95mph.

My boy is egging me on too because he's a car fanatic (he has like a 90'something Pontiac GTX limited edition or something). But this is his first time driving with me and his facial expression told me that he was a lil nervous as I reached 120mph. Now the road at this area is newly paved and semi curvy, but I grew up in the area so I know the turns... Anyways after getting like a 7 car length lead on this punk I flip on my HAZARDS and continue to pull off.

...now the real fun part is after holding an increasing lead on this guy I flick my HAZARDS off and resume speed limit to catch my exit. Guess who the heck I see catching up to get off on the same exit, yep, Macho Man. As I'm stopped at a stop light I roll my window down. I'm a good sport so I figure when he catches up to the red light, we'll both chuckle and give each other a head nod or something. As this guy inches up near me I see a female in his passenger seat (mind you, his windows were slightly tinted and he DID NOT roll down his window)....Then just before coming to a complete stop the light changed green and he hung a left and pealed off!

Now I don't know which tickled me more.....STRETCHING this dude who's car was a bit faster than mine (we both had a passenger riding with us but we should've been around the same weight).....or the satisfaction of knowing that HIS GIRL just seen him get spanked on the open road!

I know I know yeah it was reckless...but 3am, open road, no traffic, so I thought what the hey...

I never share info about parts and stuff because I know absolutely SQUAT about mechanics...however whenever I get a lil story I figure I'll share it with the rest of you gurus or I'd have nothing to add....

*geez sorry I couldn't condense the story*

Old 07-08-2009, 01:05 PM
2nd Gear

cool! I don't know Bimmers well but thought the 750s were fast... so it seems impressive to me! Congrats!
what do yuo drive to beat a 750? Mods?

Old 07-08-2009, 03:24 PM
1st Gear

Thanks bro. I thought they were fast too! I drive a '05 4.2 A6. No mods yet because I just bought her. But I'm definitely setting money aside for some turbo/charger later on down the road. I guess it's not always the car but the driver that plays a big part.

Old 07-12-2009, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by RomeGQ
Thanks bro. I thought they were fast too! I drive a '05 4.2 A6. No mods yet because I just bought her. But I'm definitely setting money aside for some turbo/charger later on down the road. I guess it's not always the car but the driver that plays a big part.
LOL. The driver?!? It's a stretch of highway at high speed. Short of confusing the brake pedal for the gas pedal, there isn't much "driver influence" . Now a drag race from a dig or a track day / autocross is a completely different game as there are reflexes, shifting, negotiating turns, etc.

Old 07-12-2009, 11:46 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by gone postal
LOL. The driver?!? It's a stretch of highway at high speed. Short of confusing the brake pedal for the gas pedal, there isn't much "driver influence" . Now a drag race from a dig or a track day / autocross is a completely different game as there are reflexes, shifting, negotiating turns, etc.
The Belt Parkway is full of turns and elevation changes. It is not what you think of when you hear the term highway.

Old 07-13-2009, 05:01 AM
1st Gear
Default Not a straight away.

Gone Postal- sup Brother. I didn't mean to give the impression that the highway is a simple straight away (trust me I wish it was, I'd like to see how it feels to inch near 155mph....But as Kev stated, there are definitely curves and many elevation changes in the road... I would definitely have to put in some mod work if I tried a drag race at a track.

Old 07-13-2009, 05:02 AM
1st Gear
Default Not a straight away.

Gone Postal- sup Brother. I didn't mean to give the impression that the highway is a simple straight away (trust me I wish it was, I'd like to see how it feels to inch near 155mph....But as Kev stated, there are definitely curves and many elevation changes in the road... I would definitely have to put in some mod work if I tried a drag race at a track.

Old 07-13-2009, 01:34 PM

Gotcha. Yeah, not familiar w/ it - was just up there a month ago too, but when I hear highway/interstate I think of I95 down here or Long Island Expressway - long straight shots of road