Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

brake rotors

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 06:33 PM
1st Gear
Default brake rotors

im looking to replace my brake pads and rotors here in the next month or so. im wondering if anyone knows of decent brake rotors and pads for an 01 2.7 . i want to get a good set of drilled and or slotted rotors and good pads that wont make a crap load of noise. does anyone know of someone who makes decent stuff

Old 02-10-2009, 07:34 PM

Avoid the drilled, there's no need for them. You'll chew up pads quicker.

I'm doing this setup with Hawk pads instead.

http://shop.achtuning.com/index.asp?...OD&ProdID=1092

Old 02-11-2009, 02:39 AM
1st Gear

Ignore above... The reason they chew up pads faster is becuase they brake faster. If you want performance and are willing to pay for it.....go for it. I used the EBC Slotted and Dimpled Rotors. Dimpled are less likely than fully drilled rotors to gunk up with mud (not likely unless you have an all road) and are less likely to crack. The slots sweep away dust and assist in cooling. There is a reason the top brake systems are ussually slotted and drilled. I have the EBC sport Rotors on my Range Rover, A4 and A6. I highly recommend them, but they are expensive. Get a ceramic compound pad that won't chew up your rotors and they should provide a long service life. I went with the Yellow Stuff pads. Yellow stuff pads provide good-excellent grip from cold, but once hot are downright scary fast at cutting speed (Track Ready). Check out my garage for pics. I haven't taken a pic of them in the wheel yet as I am waiting to clean up the wheels of all the dust from the old OEM pads. Less dust, better braking, not much more money....Go EBC or comparable. Price for all four rotors and pads $600. Installation $140. I still haven't done a complete break flush which will add another $100 or so.

Good Luck

Old 02-11-2009, 02:41 AM
1st Gear

Also, you will notice that the Stoptech rotors do not slot clear to the outer edge of the rotor. Less desirable IMO. GL.

Old 02-13-2009, 07:44 PM
1st Gear

thank alot for the reply. those were exaclty what i was looking at after my last post. the ebc slotted and dimpled rotors but instead i was thinking about the "red stuff" pads. these pads from the description seem a little more streetable then the yellows.

Old 02-13-2009, 09:03 PM
1st Gear

I am going to buy my brake rotors and brake pads from Blauparts.com

Ive baught parts from there and they have been great

Old 02-13-2009, 09:10 PM
1st Gear

I'm using the green stuff pad with brembo drilled slotted rotor and it works perfectly and I don't think you'll need the red stuff ( green stuff is cheaper ) as far as street driving... but this is just my opinion.

Old 02-14-2009, 07:22 AM
2nd Gear

Slotted, drilled and dimpled rotors look great! I love to see them in the pictures! AS far as performace, they are yesterday's news. The slots, holes and dimples were there to give an escape route to the gas that older pad compunds used to give off under braking, thereby increasing the braking force. However, current pad compound technology doesn't gas out and the slots, holes and dimples are not needed. However, they look great! So, if you want a good, reasonable cost setup, use regular, name brand (stay away from the Chinese!) rotors and pads. You can't do wrong with Brembo rotors and either Howk or EBC pads. If you want great looks, go for the slotted, drilled and/or dimpled rotors, too!

Bob