Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

brake warning light and beep

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 09:50 PM
1st Gear
Default brake warning light and beep

the brake warning light on my dash(with annoying beeping) keeps appearing whenever i turn my steering wheel to the right. it also happens much more frequently when the temp outside is below 50 degrees. sometimes the light and beeping is almost constant if i'm on a road with a lot of gradual right curves and it's cold outside. i checked the brake fluid and added some to bring it up to the max level. nothing changed. is this a problem with my parking brake? the brake doesn't seem to be engaged because the car rolls down a hill in neutral no problem. anyone else have this problem? any help in finding a sloution would be great. car is an 02 3.0 avant.

Old 10-11-2007, 10:03 PM
Site Moderator
Default RE: brake warning light and beep

Is it just the red brake light that illuminates, or does theyellow ABS light come on at the same time?
There is a majordifference between the two so find out.

Old 10-12-2007, 09:47 PM
1st Gear

only the red warning light comes on.

Old 10-14-2007, 06:24 PM
1st Gear

I just had my '02 A6 in for a timing belt change at 90400 miles. I also had the brake warning light coming on whenever I turned left on a certain banking...the dealer checked the brake fluid and adjusted my brakes (the rear ones are about worn out, in about 8000 miles I'll need new rear pads and rotors) but the light isn't coming on anymore.

Old 10-14-2007, 06:30 PM
Site Moderator

Just the red brake light flashing is indicating that your brake fluid level is low, if topping off the level doesn't fix your problem you need a new resivior that is attached to the master cylinder.

Old 09-03-2008, 06:24 AM

Originally Posted by dmayer75
the brake warning light on my dash(with annoying beeping) keeps appearing whenever i turn my steering wheel to the right. it also happens much more frequently when the temp outside is below 50 degrees. sometimes the light and beeping is almost constant if i'm on a road with a lot of gradual right curves and it's cold outside. i checked the brake fluid and added some to bring it up to the max level. nothing changed. is this a problem with my parking brake? the brake doesn't seem to be engaged because the car rolls down a hill in neutral no problem. anyone else have this problem? any help in finding a sloution would be great. car is an 02 3.0 avant.
Hi Mate

did you get this sorted as this is exactly whats happening to mine on my A4 auto 03

thanks

Old 09-03-2008, 04:38 PM
SoCal Crew Member

I just had my brake lines flushed and this light started coming on. It's usually the float inside the resivor getting stuck. One I test drove, but didn't buy, had the same problem and the guys said he was going to go fix it. Mine doesn't do it anymore. But that's what the deal was with mine, there may be other things that trigger it.

Old 09-04-2008, 04:18 AM

can you believe took it to garage , they topped up the brake fluid and that sorted it, pheeeewwwww
in the Audi quick reference book, it says Fault in Brake system which sounded a bit more serious

thanks anyway

Old 11-08-2008, 11:22 AM

Dmayer75 - did you find a resolution to this problem? I also have a 2002 3.0 Avant and the exact same thing is happening to me. I removed the wiring from the switch at the base of the brake lever, however the light still comes on and beeps when I turn the steering wheel to the right. It's very annoying!

Old 01-16-2009, 11:30 AM
1st Gear

I am currently experiencing the same problem... pclausen, were you able to get this resolved? Does anyone have any advice other than checking the brake fluid?

I have a 2004 A6 3.0L.

Thanks!

Quick Reply: brake warning light and beep