Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car Not Starting (2.7T)

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 11:49 PM
Unhappy Car Not Starting (2.7T)

Hello
I have 2.7T year 2001. Couple of days ago I was driving at about 35-40 mph and the car just shut off itself. I tried starting it again and it wouldn't start. The starter tries to start it but the car just wont start. I opened the hood and smelled some sort of burning smell coming under from the hood ( passenger side of the engine ) meaning right side if looking from back to front. The smell was very minor which ofcourse I never smelled before. Anyways I took it to the shop where I used to get most of the other repairs. He was closing the shop since it was evening time and said that it might be the fuel pump so I left the car overnight. And, then the next day he told me its not the fuel pump. Its some electric problem, he said there is no current coming in, there is no current coming to the spark plugs. He had checked all the fuses and some other electrical circuits. He said he also checked the compression and that was fine. He kept scaring me that your motor could have gone bad because its not supposed to shut off when you are driving. He also said it could be the ECU but then he tried connecting to the ECU and it replied back with similar sensor fault codes and stuff as it did few weeks before. It's been like 4 days now he said he's checking all the electrical stuff slowly and slowly to make sure he doesn't skip something. The spark plugs just don't receive any current. The started makes the noise like a normal car does but the motor does not start up. I would really appreciate any advice on this. Please help me.

Old 07-28-2009, 12:04 AM
1st Gear

Could be a grounding issue??? Can you guys run a ground to the engine directly from the battery and try starting the engine?? Apparently the alternator has a grounding belt on it.. maybe that broke??