Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car won't start. Maybe alarm system?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2010, 12:17 AM
Default Car won't start. Maybe alarm system?

Hi,
I just bought a 1998 audi a6 avant quattro and minutes after driving it off the lot and driving at 50 miles per hour, the car started going up to 4500 RPM's and making that whining noise. I pulled the car into a parking lot and shut the car off, then I tried to turn it back on and it wouldn't start. When I turn the key to start the alarm goes off and the lights blink. I bought the car as is. I test drove it twice and had a mechanic look it over before buying it. There were no problems til I bought it. Has anyone else had this problem? Is the alarm system making it not start? Is the RPM's problem a computer or battery problem? Could it be the alternator?

Old 07-11-2010, 01:32 PM
oki
1st Gear

You said you bought it as is from the dealer right...does the dealer do the normal 30day/1000 miles warranty...if so, call them on the phone & tell them to come get you and the car and fix it or let you pick out another car to replace it or give your money back.

Old 07-12-2010, 09:14 AM
Default update!!

car started finally. Had trouble with the car starting back up after being driven or previously started. Problem is not the battery or the alternator. Took all the fuses out, cleaned em and put them back in. After this the car started and will now start after repeated use. I don't know if the problem was a bad connection or if the problem really isn't fixed? The computer for the car is saying p0733 code, which is a tranny failure but someone on the forum said to check the sensor. Has anyone had this problem? I'm also having another issue with the air conditioner not working properly. The air will go up but not down and it won't shut off, Checked fuses and battery nothing looks bad. Does any know how to fix this?