Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Carfax or Audi dealer guy?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2010, 08:47 PM
1st Gear
Default Carfax or Audi dealer guy?

Hey guys, not sure if anyone has the capability, but could someone possibly look up this VIN? Like someone who has an unlimited carfax account or access to audi? I know a guy who does my american vehicles but not for german.. Not sure if you guys can help.. Let me know thank you!

WAUDG74F45N110514

Old 07-18-2010, 06:28 AM
1st Gear

What are you looking to know? I ran the VIN and the service history shows 46 invoices at 4 different dealers. First is the PDI when it was new, last is for the 28F2 ignition coil campaign at around 64,000 miles. It had all it's regular Audi paid maintenances done up to the 45,000 mile point. There are a few warranty repairs among the invoices also. Of course, this only shows Audi paid maint/repairs and not customer pay services. Appears to be a well maintained vehicle (as I said, up to 45K anyways). No open campaigns at this time. Don't have CarFax account, sorry. Keep in mind, certain info from Audi is confidential (like the previous owners name, phone, etc.......) so I can't tell you EVERYTHING about the cars history.

Old 07-18-2010, 08:03 AM
1st Gear

Anything major that went wrong with it? Can you give me what you can see? That would be appreciated.

Old 07-18-2010, 09:30 AM
2nd Gear

46 invoices over 64,000 miles? It was serviced every 1500 miles? Wow!

Old 07-18-2010, 02:52 PM
1st Gear

It had Audi maint. at 5,000 and then every 10,000 miles after that up to 45K. Looks like they must have been chasing a sporadic engine miss early on. There's a bunch of invoices showing spark plugs, injectors, connectors/wire terminals, and eventually cmashaft R&R with lash adjuster and couple other pieces replaced. Otherwise it looks like minor stuff. Must have had brake noise complaints, pads and rotors were replaced frt and rear, the TSB to sand the rotors was done at least once. Shows the wiper motor harness was replaced also. The Telephone Interface Module was replaced (as they were on about all A6's) at one point. Some of the invoices appear to be for campaigns, either recalls or RVU's.

Unfortunatley, the vehicle history only gives you date/miles, dealer number and labor operations performed (very brief description) and parts used. Does not show the customer complaint or concern (what the R.O. would have had on it) as to why the car was in for service, so "chasing an engine miss" is just a guess for the plugs, injectors, etc. You'd have to contact the dealer directly to obtain any more details. It has to be the dealer that actually did the work, the info should be in their computer files.

Old 07-18-2010, 09:11 PM
1st Gear

Anything I should watch out for?

Old 07-19-2010, 06:06 AM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by aspen79
Looks like they must have been chasing a sporadic engine miss early on. There's a bunch of invoices showing spark plugs, injectors, connectors/wire terminals, and eventually cmashaft R&R with lash adjuster and couple other pieces replaced.
It could be the somewhat common sludge problem on the 3.2.

Old 07-19-2010, 09:03 AM
1st Gear

Sludge???

Old 07-19-2010, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by aspen79
What are you looking to know? I ran the VIN and the service history shows 46 invoices at 4 different dealers. First is the PDI when it was new, last is for the 28F2 ignition coil campaign at around 64,000 miles. It had all it's regular Audi paid maintenances done up to the 45,000 mile point. There are a few warranty repairs among the invoices also. Of course, this only shows Audi paid maint/repairs and not customer pay services. Appears to be a well maintained vehicle (as I said, up to 45K anyways). No open campaigns at this time. Don't have CarFax account, sorry. Keep in mind, certain info from Audi is confidential (like the previous owners name, phone, etc.......) so I can't tell you EVERYTHING about the cars history.
Yes it seems to have been well serviced but missing the 55K (important service) so the best history you can get is from Audi themselves..they won't or need to give you any info regarding previous personal owner stuff..just the mechanical. Audi documents *all service done by an Audi shop on that VIN, if there are gaps then it may have had some things done at an indie shop. Good luck

Old 07-20-2010, 04:11 PM
1st Gear

Can anyone give me what they are looking at?????????

Quick Reply: Carfax or Audi dealer guy?