AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   Audi A6 (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a6-9/)
-   -   Changing my Air filter/Cabin air filter (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a6-9/changing-my-air-filter-cabin-air-filter-180199/)

Kunza 03-04-2012 09:35 PM

Changing my Air filter/Cabin air filter

HELLO!

I got my oil changed at Grease Monkey, and they told me they didn't have any of the Air filters i need in stock.

SO! this may be a very dumb question, but id like to know where can i buy a new Air filter, and also a Cabin air filter, I need to change both out and i need a reliable website or Store.

Also Can i reuse them by any chance? =P

I don't like the dealership here so i don't want to bother with them.

Lastly I own a 2005 Audi A6 3.2 Quattro

THANKS!!

Brityank 03-04-2012 10:45 PM

Lots of choices out there. Amazon.com, rockauto.com, blauparts.com, fcgroton.com. I have used most of these and there all trust worthy with quality parts. The high street car care stores will also order in what you need but there usually more expensive (a lot!)
There's also genuineaudiparts.com

Tourbo24 03-04-2012 10:46 PM

If local parts stores dont have what you need, then I would head over to OEM / Performance Parts for Audi, BMW, Mercedes Benz, Mini, Porsche & Volkswagen - ECS Tuning

Kunza 03-04-2012 11:07 PM

So does mine take a special brand or can i just walk into walmart and get one? cus my Manual is not helping for shit.

Nebuchadnezzar 03-04-2012 11:24 PM

I can almost say without a doubt go ahead and buy a cabin air filter from Wal Mart if they carry our size filter. I've never checked to see if they do, but once you take out your current existing cabin air filter, you'll see why I say that. Any of the cabin filters I have used have been paper thin, so I doubt what Wal Mart is carrying is any different.

Tourbo24 03-05-2012 12:59 AM

You can use any brand air filter, but I would stay away from the oiled ones like K&N. The oil will get on you MAF overtime and you might end up having to get a new one.

Kunza 03-05-2012 04:17 AM

Is there a size difference or no? And wow thank u all for the replies, very helpful

Brityank 03-05-2012 09:12 AM

If you want to just go to Wal-Mart then just use the directory they supply in the filters section to see if they have yours in.
When it comes to the engine air filter I have also read that people have trouble with oil in the MAF sensor. I think k&n over oil their filters also when people clean them they tend to put to much oil on also. I bought a k&n (accel Cool Blue) style filter of eBay for my explorer and have not had any trouble from it. It was less than half the price of k&n. I have just got one for my 97 A6 also. You can also get MAF cleaner, if it should get dirty.

Kunza 03-05-2012 10:16 AM

Will do, Friend of mine said why not just clean the Filters i currently have in my car, if its not that bad. He said it worked for him, have any of you done that? Vacuum it or Blow out the dust with the Air dusters?

ppgoal 03-05-2012 06:01 PM

You can reverse blow the big stuff from the outside but not the small trapped particles. Just buy a new air filter. I doubt you will find any for Audi at Walmart. As far as K&N, over oiling can cause problems with the MAF. So don't over oil and let it drain thoroughly before installing. I've been running a K&N since 70k and now have 204k on the A6.