Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Coil over/suspension reccomendations

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2013, 08:40 PM
1st Gear
Default Coil over/suspension reccomendations

Hey all,
First off I have a 2001 Audi A6 4.2l and I would like to get it lowered some. As of right now it has the stock 17" rims with 255/45r17 tires. I would like to replace those with 18 or 19" Audi rims. My questions start with. Should I do coil overs or just replace my (beginning to rust) suspension with sport suspension and the bugger rims will fill the gap. Or should I do coil overs and rims. I live in pa so being on the ground is not what I want, I mainly wanna close the gap in the wheel well, but I fear my tires will rub if I do both. I am unexperienced in this type of mod and any help would be greatly appreciated!!
Thanks everyone

Old 05-03-2013, 08:41 PM
1st Gear

Tire size is 255/40/r17 my mistake.....thanks again for any input

Old 05-04-2013, 12:34 PM
RGT
1st Gear

I went with Eibach springs and ST shocks/struts, they were supposed to lower the car "up to 1.5" lower than stock" which was what I wanted somewhere in the 1-1.5" lower than stock. I found the rear stayed exactly the same as stock(actually an 1/8" higher on one side but the old spring was cracked and that side sat a little lower than the other, so now it is even) the front dropped a full 2" which I would not mind had the rear dropped an inch or so. the car went from sitting front high to sitting back high. The car does ride and handle much better but I may end up shimming the front to get that half inch back.....track day tomorrow so I will really get to see how it handles. I have sent emails to Eibach and to Andy's Autosport about the height but neither of them have responded.

Old 05-04-2013, 03:01 PM
1st Gear

I went with h&r springs. With 19" wheels. Lowerd. It 1 1/2 front. 1 3/4 rear

Old 05-06-2013, 02:07 PM
1st Gear

Thanks guys
I too am looking at 19" rims but that's after getting the suspension situated. I'd be happy with bakers lowering results do you have any pictures???? Also did you change your struts as well? Or just the springs? And did the springs lower the car or was there another mod??