Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Considering buying an '08 A6

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2013, 01:08 PM
1st Gear
Default Considering buying an '08 A6

I'm currently looking to buy a 2008 A6 3.2 Quattro and was hoping to get some feedback from the community here about this specific vehicle, and any potential pitfalls I should be aware of. I'm going to look at it tomorrow morning. I'd appreciate any feedback you are willing to share.

Used 2008 Audi A6 3.2 For Sale in the Atlanta & Duluth GA Area | VIN: WAUDH74F78N105745

Regards,
Mike

Old 10-10-2013, 02:31 PM
2nd Gear

Look for the condition of the control arms, CV boots, tie rod ends, etc. These things will slowly start to go around the 100k mark and from there after other suspension components will have to be swapped out gradually. That car isn't too far off from 100k.

The engine bay LOOKS like it's clean and well cared for, but anyone can make their engine bay look like that with 2 hours of time and effort.

I believe that year and engine has a timing chain so I think you're good for some time until that needs to be addressed. I'm not sure what the recommended service interval is for that engine's timing system but I'm fairly certain it's more than 80k.

Old 10-10-2013, 02:50 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Nebuchadnezzar
Look for the condition of the control arms, CV boots, tie rod ends, etc. These things will slowly start to go around the 100k mark and from there after other suspension components will have to be swapped out gradually. That car isn't too far off from 100k.

The engine bay LOOKS like it's clean and well cared for, but anyone can make their engine bay look like that with 2 hours of time and effort.

I believe that year and engine has a timing chain so I think you're good for some time until that needs to be addressed. I'm not sure what the recommended service interval is for that engine's timing system but I'm fairly certain it's more than 80k.
Thanks for that. I'll definitely check on those, and I was able to get some additional pointers from an Audi tech I pinged via reddit.com/r/audi.

Here's my checklist so far

- Control arms
- CV boots
- Tie rod ends
- Other suspension/control components as necessary
- Timing chain
- Serpentine belt
- Intake carbon build up
- Vacuum line for intake flap control diaphragm (may already be replaced by the dealership as part of normal maintenance with a better design)
- Oil leaks in the covers (common issue, easy to resolve)
- Sunroof shade springs