Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Considering purchasing a 2006-A6. Here's what's holding me back

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2009, 11:51 PM
Default Considering purchasing a 2006-A6. Here's what's holding me back

Hello All,

I am new to this forum as I am considering purchasing a 2006 A6 S-Line 3.2L with 28K miles. The car has another 9 months under warranty. I have test driven the car a few times and it is in excellent condition, has all the bells and whistles and drives great (to me). The one caveat that is holding me back is that the car dealer that is selling the car from informed me that they purchased it at an auction in California and that the car was a buy back thru Audi. The dealer is a well respected dealership specializing in primarily VW/Audi/BMW previously owned cars. They showed me the paper work from the auction and why it was bought back. It appears that there the MIL light illuminated indicating an issue with the throttle/bottle housing air leak(?). The resolution was to clean the housing. There were some other monor issues listed on the paperwork as well but the above referenced was the main reason for Audi buying the car back.

The dealer told me that California has some of the most lenient buy back laws in the country and that if someone really wants out of their lease it isn't all that difficult. So with that said, should I still consider purchasing this car or should I drop it like a hot potato? Are there any specific questions I should ask the dealer?

This A6 is really a slick car and I would love to own it, however, I have been down the road with troubled cars in the past, Saab 93, and don't really want to go that route again.

Any insight, suggestions, and help is GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks.