Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Control arms under CPO warranty

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 07:29 PM
SoCal Crew Member
Default Control arms under CPO warranty

I have done a bunch of searching on the forums on the control arms, due to the fact that I seem to have a loose ball joint resulting in a clunk sound while driving on uneven surfaces. A few people have openly stated that Audi DOES NOT cover control arms under the CPO warranty. However, their e-brochure on their website says that the control arms are in fact covered (page 6 suspension): http://www.audiusa.com/etc/medialib/....0013.File.pdf
[align=left]What is covered (continued)[/align][align=left][/align][align=left]Suspension – front axle sub frame, control arm supports, control arms (bushings subject to wear), wheel bearing housing,[/align][align=left]steering knuckle, front wheel hub, coil springs, stabilizer bar, stabilizer links, rear axle beam and support, stub axles, rear[/align][align=left]bearings and housings, rear springs[/align][align=left][/align][align=left]Am I missing something? Thanks![/align]

Old 08-07-2007, 08:07 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Control arms under CPO warranty

i dont see where it says it covers the ball joint. the arm and bushings may be covered i dont believe the ball joints are.

Old 08-08-2007, 04:09 PM
SoCal Crew Member
Default RE: Control arms under CPO warranty

Doesn't the control arm assembly include the ball joints? I am pretty surprised more people don't have info or experience with control arms, since they seem to start falling apart at around 60K miles. I am going to take my car into the Audi dealer. If they say it is control arm related, yet not covered under warranty, I'll take it to an independent shop. Brakes, tires, clutch etc. are understandable wear and tear items. Multi-link suspension control arm assembliesshould be covered under warranty.a bad ball joint can be a safety concern, and imo should be a recall item.