Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

diverter/blow off valves

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 05:42 PM
1st Gear
Default diverter/blow off valves

&lt\\;P&gt\\;last weekend i unhooked the diverter valves from the hoses that plug back into the intake on the y pipe and pluged the intake boot&amp\\;nbsp\\;holes that they went into with 3/4&quot\\; pipe plugs. just to let anyone know the car ran like complete poop. it would idle very very rough, and when i tried to move forward it would become very jerky. also every time i let off the gas the ABS and ESP lights would come on for a few seconds. i only did this to see how it was and then put it back to normal but just to let anyone know that didnt, if they were thinking about doing it to get the &quot\\;cool&quot\\; blow off sound, it sounded sweet, but it did not make the car happy what so ever. also my guess is from this experience&amp\\;nbsp\\;that putting actual blow off valve might just be a waste of money.&lt\\;/P&gt\\;

Old 06-04-2008, 06:22 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: diverter/blow off valves

&lt\\;P&gt\\;bovs wont work with a metered air system... im running the splitters from forge and they make the sound but it took me about 30 mins each for adjustment to get them to release the boost just right &lt\\;/P&gt\\;
&lt\\;P&gt\\;&amp\\;nbsp\\;&lt\\;/P&gt\\;
&lt\\;P&gt\\;&amp\\;nbsp\\;&lt\\;/P&gt\\;
&lt\\;P&gt\\;... u really didnt have to try that out haha but thanks&lt\\;/P&gt\\;