Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Driving in stock mode.......

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 01:45 PM
1st Gear
Default Driving in stock mode.......

Gentleman,

I never thought I'd do it, but thanks to congress and the lame a*s Bush administration, I am driving in stock mode to put in 87 Octane. It will be the first time this car has tasted 87. What an absolute disappointment!

OOOO

Old 03-17-2008, 03:09 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Driving in stock mode.......

what does the current president's lack of economic influence have on your decision to run low octane gas?

Old 03-17-2008, 03:56 PM
1st Gear

You just answered your own question, his lack of economic influence! The Bush administration's incompetenceis one of the main reasons the price of gas and oil are approaching record highs. (Oil is at record highs)

Everyone out there is feeling it in there pockets and people are now needing to cut back in order to save money. If the Bush administration and Congress gave a sh*t about the people of this country, it probably would not be as severe.

Old 03-17-2008, 04:42 PM
3rd Gear

Republican President and Democratic Congress. So you can spread the blaim around lots of places. Did you see the picture of the silver Audi some sheik drives. Not silver paint but an Audi with a silver body! [sm=icon_flaming.gif]

Coors is right -- Stop blaiming the "Bush Adminstration" for your decision to go to low octane gas. The US has had lower gas prices than the rest of the world for years. All we are doing now is catching up. [sm=usa.gif]

The normal person in Europe has driven smaller more gas efficient cars for years. The big cars arefor the super rich and pimps. So either become a pimp or super rich if you want to drive a gas hog. In any case you do no good complaining here! [sm=laughat.gif]

Old 03-17-2008, 04:54 PM

Well the Bush Administration is to blame in a way, but not the way originally stated. Bush has very little economic influence neither do any president. Yeah Clinton did a great Job, but honestly it wasn't truly him who made things the way they were. It was, is, and always will be Congress who decides the Economics of our country. Bush is however to blame because of the war. He is spending and spending, but congress is stuck funding the war because if not our troops will have no food and supplies. Congress however did not ever cut spending to other programs making our debt that much worse. Another problem is caused by all of the, IMHO, retards who barrowed money to buy a Mercedes or AUDI or BMW that they can't afford, but bought with Credit. That is why we as a whole are forced to pay up the *** at the pump and it really pisses me off. I don't mind spending the money, but I do mind the reasons behind it. As for the Credit problems, that is big business who purposly gave out loans people could not pay back in time so they could charge even more for fees and make a quick buck. That is why over the weekend when a Bank announced they couldn't support the debt from people not paying their loans their stock went from 80.00 to 2.00 a share virtually over night. So the finger is pointed in all directions the Government, Business, and the Consumer. Its just a really f***ed up situation.

Old 03-17-2008, 07:34 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Joeski

Gentleman,

I never thought I'd do it, but thanks to congress and the lame a*s Bush administration, I am driving in stock mode to put in 87 Octane. It will be the first time this car has tasted 87. What an absolute disappointment!

OOOO
it is your own responsability. why arent you driving a prius if you can't afford the prices of the gas? When you made your decision on buying your current car, did you ask the current administration for advice or you made your own. I am sotiredcomplains about gas prices. If I could not afford driving my current car I would find my own solution that makes me happy without complaning.

Old 03-17-2008, 07:47 PM

Well said Ferrari. I recently purchased a 4100+ pound monster with the 2.7t and I'm really feeling the gas price but I knew it would be this way and have no second thoughts about such a damn nice car and the cost of operations.

Old 03-17-2008, 08:59 PM
2nd Gear

i saw that it was a chrome plates 2004 A8 ... it was sick ...

the gas prices are not soley affected by bush haha ... plus the fact that a dollar or two increase wont kill people as for average adults gas does not consume a large percentage of what they gross ... Bush has made some good and poor decisions but consider his eventful terms ... you try and step in his shoes .... i think everyone thinks he is an idiot because they are looking at the results of his decisions and everyone then says oh he shouldnt have done that he is so stupid ... i hate talking politics but i hate when people bang on bush because he isnt really all that bad ... hey consider our 2 democratic candidates this term ... hillary (completely retarded) and obama who goes to a church where the priest praises muslims... just my thoughts tho... everyonecan have thier ownopinion

Old 03-17-2008, 09:20 PM

Yeah, but really think about this, No one wanted the troop surge a few months ago, but it passed and the surge happend. Now there really isn't a war. therefore no one hears about the war and when things go sour everyone will be back to bashing bush. I think we should be happy that the war has slowed dramatically and its because of his plans.

Old 03-18-2008, 02:05 AM
1st Gear

All I can say in a time like this is.....

Bring on the TDI's, yes those ones too

Quick Reply: Driving in stock mode.......