Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

everywhere i go i see mods for A6, but NEVER the 4.2 can someone help?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 12:21 AM
1st Gear
Default everywhere i go i see mods for A6, but NEVER the 4.2 can someone help?

I'm trying to find some aggressive front and rear bumpers, if the whole body kit is at aa good price, throw in the side skirts too. My front bumper needs to go, and my rear bumper has been backed into many a time.

I have a 2000 A6 4.2 (widebody) and all the regular A6 (2.7T,2.8, etc.) parts wono't fit because the 4.2 is wider (correct me if im wrong).

Has anyone successfully applied any sporty bumper covers aside from OEM>? I haave been looking for a very long time, if anyone knows of anything at all, please help me out here. I've also heardd the RS6 or S6 bumpers would fit on the 4.2 model? For some reason I still have doubts about that though, they sseem to be completely different. But essentially all I'm lookign for is some mesh and a little more aggressive look, just like an S6 or RS6 OEM bumpers, but again those won;t fit. Just please if anyones got anything feel free to share haha.

Thanks to all who take the time to read this and try and help me out.

(P.S. I also want some different headlights, a darker tint, a stronger newer xenon, something different and more sporty) Again if anyone has applied new headlights onto the same model car as I have, please share. )

Thanks to all

~Peter

Old 07-01-2008, 12:33 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: everywhere i go i see mods for A6, but NEVER the 4.2 can someone help?

the rs6 and s6 bumpers will fit on your car aslong as it is the 4.2 it will fit. trust me they are probably the best body kit you can put on your car, and they make it look exactly like a rs6

Old 07-01-2008, 12:41 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: everywhere i go i see mods for A6, but NEVER the 4.2 can someone help?

are you 100% sure about that hahah? I just don't wannaa go out and spend over a grand only to find that it won't fit.

thanks so much for the reply though, I'm just hunting for info here.

Also do you know of any good place to get S6 or RS6 bumpers/kits?
Besides like california, considering I'm on the other side of the U.S. hah.

Old 07-01-2008, 12:51 AM
1st Gear

yea man im completely positive, one of my buddies did it to his a6 and it looks really good

hmm i would try lltek or maybe you can find a used one on ebay im not really sure im a s4 guy myself. i can try and find out for you

Old 07-01-2008, 12:59 AM
1st Gear

dude if you could find out for me you'd be my freakin hero.

and ill check out lltek then :-)

But yeah if you could find out some more or where your buddy got his from, it'd be amazing.

Old 07-01-2008, 01:02 AM
1st Gear

no problem ill ask him tomorrow and let you know

Old 07-01-2008, 06:44 AM
1st Gear

Yes, the RS6 stuff fits the 4.2, but it is not cheap, and the bumpers are NOT plug-n-play. There is a bunch of stuff that you have to replace under the bumer cover to have the RS6 bumpers fit (bumper supports, headlight washers, fog light brackets, etc. etc. etc. In addition, there is an aluminum bar near the radiator that needs to be cut since the clearance of the fan blades in the 4.2 engine are different.The sideskirts are a different story, those ARE plug-n-play, and you also need to repalce the doorblades with the flat ones for the full RS6 effect. I have done this mod on my 4.2 and the results are very nice!.

The S6 has the exact same bumper as the one on your car now, so don't bother. You can use the S6 grilles in your stock hood and bumper(I also have done this) for a more sporty look, but not as dramatic as the RS6 conversion up front.

Here is a link to all the part number, and the prices as of a few years ago: http://forums.audiworld.com/a6/msgs/501990.phtml

Here is a pic of the car that was converted (he did front bumper and sideskirts only):

Old 07-01-2008, 06:51 AM
1st Gear

oh, and pics of my car with the RS6 sides and the S6 grilles on the stock bumper...

Name:  May_2007_sig2.jpg
Views: 740
Size:  142.7 KB

And from the back, RS6 spoiler and stock A6 bumper with RS6 exhaust...

Name:  BD_SIG_2007.jpg
Views: 1622
Size:  135.8 KB

Old 07-01-2008, 08:48 AM
2nd Gear

Car looks hot for real... How could I do this to a 2.7T? or would it not be worth it? I like your car boston :P

Old 07-01-2008, 10:05 AM
1st Gear

2.7 = Engine mods
4.2 = Wide body beauty, and a V8 sound

Ideal combination would be a stage 3 2.7 engine with 6 speed manual dropped in an A6 wide body.

Quick Reply: everywhere i go i see mods for A6, but NEVER the 4.2 can someone help?