AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   Audi A6 (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a6-9/)
-   -   Folding mirrors only work with keyfob (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a6-9/folding-mirrors-only-work-keyfob-196197/)

cpthyland2 06-06-2013 09:54 PM

Folding mirrors only work with keyfob

I have a 2013 A6 2.0T premium plus. It has the advanced key which works great to lock and unlock doors without having to use the keyfob. The other day I noticed that the folding mirrors only auto fold when I press the lock button on the keyfob however. If I leave the know to the right or left selected mirror and lock the door with the keyfob, the mirrors fold in great. However, if I leave the knob in the same position and then lock the doors via advanced key (without keyfob) the mirrors do not fold.

Help, what setting am I missing?

Thanks

TN-A6 06-07-2013 04:04 PM

I have the same vehicle and I believe that you leave the mirror setting in the center position for the mirrors to auto fold when you lock with the key fob or using the button on the door. At least mine do.

13a6c7 06-07-2013 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by cpthyland2 (Post 1437434)
I have a 2013 A6 2.0T premium plus. It has the advanced key which works great to lock and unlock doors without having to use the keyfob. The other day I noticed that the folding mirrors only auto fold when I press the lock button on the keyfob however. If I leave the know to the right or left selected mirror and lock the door with the keyfob, the mirrors fold in great. However, if I leave the knob in the same position and then lock the doors via advanced key (without keyfob) the mirrors do not fold.

Help, what setting am I missing?

Thanks

There is a setting in MMI to have the mirror fold when the car is lock. Each keyfob can also have a different setting if so desired, you can store all your settings onto the keyfob using the MMI which include seat position, steering wheel position (prestige), mirror settings etc.

cpthyland2 06-07-2013 07:23 PM

i'll give it a try tonight, it seemed to work with the keyfob fine, just not when I used my hand to lock with advanced key, i'll check the settings in the MMI tonight, but it is good to know it's possible to fold the mirros when locking the car with the advanced key feature, just got to find all those magical settings :-)

cpthyland2 06-07-2013 08:09 PM

odd, it appears to work fine with one key and not the other? ideas?

rmorin49 06-07-2013 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by cpthyland2 (Post 1437544)
odd, it appears to work fine with one key and not the other? ideas?

Set the MMI to autofold with each fob. Do not have both in the car at the same time. Also, I don't think it matters where the knob is set as mine works with the knob to the right, in the middle or on the left. I never use my fob to lock the door, I just touch the door handle and my mirrors autofold. I will check tomorrow to see if the autofold with both fobs.