Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

getting fed up

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2007, 07:23 PM
1st Gear
Default getting fed up

well i was getting ready to fix my misfire problem this week when on my way ome from work today a new problem arose. i was driving down the highway with the cruise set at 65 when i hit my brakes coming up to a stoplight, it kept going, i switched the cruise to off, still going, shifted the car to neutral, it revved up to 4,500 so i shut the car off, started it back up and the car immediatly revved up again. i did that about 5 times and then shut it off and waited about 10 min. then started it again and it was fine. i got back up to 60 and set the cruise and hit the brakes and it shut off just like it was supposed to. but then i got off the highway and was sitting at a light and the rpms dropped to the point that when i let off the brakes it wouldnt even pull the car. im assuming the cruise is ran by vacuum and that it possibley froze being as its 15* outside or do you think that its my idle sensor or a problem having to do with my original problem with the misfire. also my heat is kind of working off and on. if i have it set at 72 it will stay 72 in my car for about 30 min. and the go cold and if i move the temp up it stays cold until i hit max, then it gets hot again, untill today i was sitting at a light with it on max and it got cold but when i took off it got hot again. heater core? climate control? i have no idea but as you can see im not having much luck with the audi. BTW i own a 00' a6 quattro 2.8 non-turbo. sorry this post is so long im just really frustrated.
thank you

Old 02-03-2007, 03:05 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: getting fed up

nobody knows whats going on?

Old 02-10-2007, 06:49 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: getting fed up

well it turns out my cam that the throttle cable is wound over has dirt caked behind it. sprayed it with carb cleaner and WD40 and that did the trick. and sprayed some silicone on my conections for the spark plug wires.