Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Giac stage 1 vr apr stage 1

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2013, 11:33 PM
1st Gear
Default Giac stage 1 vr apr stage 1

Guys i know this has been asked a million times and there are a ton of responses and data from 2006 in other forums. But there is nothing on the 3.0t I have also seen the response go with what tuner is closer I'm in Chicago i can get APR, GIAC, Stasis, Revo,
and the list goes on and on. I'm leaning toward GIAC as it can be flashed with OBDII But i dont really think there data is accurate. So my question is what do you think is better ecu upgrade?

The new GIAC OBDII port claims !!!!!!!

Switchable software calibrations, compatible with OEM exhaust and intake systems, for the Audi A6 3.0t (C6 platform) are now available through GIAC's worldwide dealer network. With the software being uploaded through the vehicle's OBDII port, there is no need for ECU removal.
GIAC software calibrations offer dramatic performance increases when compared to the factory engine software, all while retaining factory levels of drivability. Software details include:

•Improved throttle response
•Optimized boost and air fuel ratios
•Removal of speed limiters
•Power gains from 70-100 hp & 25-35 ft. /lbs. of tq at the wheels (hardware dependent)
•On-the-fly program switching for multiple performance modes.

Testing on GIAC's in-house Mustang MD-500 dynamometer measured power gains of 69 horsepower and 25 ft. /lbs. of torque over OEM software. With an upgraded intake, testing measured power gains of 87 horsepower and 34 ft. /lbs. of torque over OEM software. All power numbers were measured at the wheels, on 91 octane fuel. To compare these numbers to manufacturer rated numbers, an approximated 25% drivetrain loss should be factored in.

GIAC Stage 1 C6 A6 Peformance software - 91 octane fuel:

Last edited by broker23; 10-31-2013 at 11:48 PM.
Old 11-01-2013, 12:31 PM
1st Gear

Someone has to have an opinion

Old 11-06-2013, 04:51 PM
3rd Gear

I went with the GIAC stage 1 at 80k miles and am now at 216k. I'll admit that the deciding factor was that my local indie recommended GIAC, but I researched them all at the time and they all produced the same horsepower increase. I am not into valet settings or trying to program adjustments, so I wanted a turn-key permanent solution. Other than adding the better DVs and TBB, everything has worked as advertised for about 7 years.

Now, I am thinking that most of my hp gain was from higher boost with some ECU changes. I believe your motor is supercharged and while there may be some ECU settings available, I am under the impression that the equivalent changes to boost require a pulley change (at least that is what gets most of the bang for my SRT6 with a supercharged 3.2 - but that based on reading the forum, I prefer my SRT6 stock)).

Old 11-06-2013, 07:46 PM
1st Gear

My 2009 A6 Avant 3.0T had the APR Stage 2 done by the previous owner- supercharger pulley, ECU, Stasis Catback Exhaust. Dyno'ed at 405 HP, 420 ft/lbs. Getting about 27 highway, 20 city with 93 octane. Smooth, FAST, and fun. You won't be disappointed...

Dave

Old 11-07-2013, 08:16 AM
1st Gear

Guy's I have been on the phone for the last week with Austin @ G.I.A.C and Ian @ APR There is only one way to settle this do both tunes. I'm set to do baseline dyno tomorrow then flash over to G.I.A.C and re dyno. We will then flash back to stock and baseline dyno again...I will then flash with APR and Dyno again. This will be done at the same shop on the same dyno on the same day within a few hours apart. I will put to rest who has the better tune for my car 2010 Audi A6 Prestige 3.0t /sports package . I will post all data in the forums so the next newbie like myself that has the same question's I had will have the facts in front of them from an unbiased source......Please keep in mind my testing will cost me over $2,500 and I have not been promised ANYTHING from either company. I just want the hard facts on paper and im willing to pay for them

Old 11-08-2013, 07:12 PM
1st Gear

Guy's Here is what Stage 1 G.I.A.C looks like on my car. Stock intake and stock exhaust Total AWHP gain was 87 and Total Torque was 24 over stock. I just want to Thank Austin for talking my 5 calls a day and answering all my question's GIAC made a true believer out of me after today.... Also a big Thanks to Kurt over @ Komet Motor Sports . These guys really know there stuff and treat your car like it was there own....Stage 2 is next on the list in a few week's

[][wrench]

Stock Dyno Stage 1 GIAC Over Lay

Last edited by broker23; 11-08-2013 at 07:17 PM.
Old 11-15-2013, 07:31 PM
1st Gear
Default Was considering Stasis

That's awesome you are testing the two. I was ready to go with a Stasis ECU flash because my local Audi dealer is an Authorized Stasis shop. They can flash it right there in under 2 hours for $1900 out the door. They also will keep the warranty in tact because they are a Stasis dealer. But....it will be interesting to see your results. I bet they are very similar.

How much is the GIac compared to the APR? Thanks again for unlocking the myth between the two!! I too have the exact same car as you so I will be waiting for your next post!! Thanks again!!

Old 11-16-2013, 08:58 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by garrett1
That's awesome you are testing the two. I was ready to go with a Stasis ECU flash because my local Audi dealer is an Authorized Stasis shop. They can flash it right there in under 2 hours for $1900 out the door. They also will keep the warranty in tact because they are a Stasis dealer. But....it will be interesting to see your results. I bet they are very similar.

How much is the GIac compared to the APR? Thanks again for unlocking the myth between the two!! I too have the exact same car as you so I will be waiting for your next post!! Thanks again!!
They are the same price here in Chicago $1200 for the Flash, You have to take your ecu out of the car with APR. GIAC can flash the OBDII Port Please read posts @ GIAC software calibration for the C6 A6 3.0t is now available!!

Old 11-16-2013, 09:51 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by garrett1

I wouldn't flash Stasis because I feel there flash is watered down because of the warranty. They will have to send your ecu to Stassis if you have a 2010
Just so you know it only takes like 15 minutes to do the flash with OBDII GIAC is the only company right now that can flash are car's this way

Old 11-16-2013, 11:04 PM
1st Gear

SO what did the APR dyno at?

Quick Reply: Giac stage 1 vr apr stage 1