Go Back  AudiForums.com > Audi Models > Audi A6
got robbed through the sunroof, need a good alarm system >

got robbed through the sunroof, need a good alarm system

Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.

got robbed through the sunroof, need a good alarm system

  #1  
Old 05-26-2010, 08:56 AM
Junior Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 14
Default got robbed through the sunroof, need a good alarm system

I have 2006 Audi A6 and I got robbed through the sunroof the damage is around $2000 my deductible is $1000 so I got screwed time.

Can anyone recommend a good alarm system I just wish I had it before.. thanks..
 
  #2  
Old 05-26-2010, 12:58 PM
Jeffla's Avatar
3rd Gear
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 1,569
Default

That sucks.

It's odd your car does not have a factory alarm with motion sensors. I thought all A6's did, mine certainly does and if anyone breaks a window, puts there hand inside the car or whatever the thing goes off. If I leave windows open the wind will set it off unless I deactivate the motion sensor.

Is it possible your alarm has been disabled? Our BMW has an alarm but the prior owner had the dealer disable it. We keep meaning to have them turn it back on.
 
  #3  
Old 05-27-2010, 04:28 PM
ppgoal's Avatar
3rd Gear
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Holland MI
Posts: 2,660
Default

Condolences and sympathies first. How did they break in? Did they just break the window, or was it tipped up and they pulled it out, or was it open a little and they forced it all the way open?
 
  #4  
Old 05-27-2010, 06:14 PM
auditech79's Avatar
Site Moderator
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Nor Cal
Posts: 9,004
Default

Yet another reason i want to do the sunroof delete mod. Sorry to hear about that mate, i've had my fair share of ***** criminals steal my belongings.
 
  #5  
Old 05-28-2010, 03:40 PM
Junior Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 14
Default

Jeffla I think this is the case it was probably disabled because the car came with premium package I believe I bought it 2yrs ago used but is fully loaded though so now I even feel worse.
@ppgoal the sunroof was closed completely but he was still able to force his way in, he didn't break the glass but still was able to open it from one side and lift it up and get in the other side was not damaged..
Auditech79 I had about 30cents in the car and nothing worth inside that visible so that is why it sucks..
 
  #6  
Old 05-28-2010, 04:54 PM
Kevin's Avatar
2nd Gear
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location:
Posts: 1,391
Default

They were able to break through the solar panel sunroof. Holy $hit batman. I am surprised that the solar sunroof can be replaced, along with the anciliary damage, for $2,000.

As far as the alarm, it must have been disabled because it is standard on the car.
 

Last edited by Kevin; 05-29-2010 at 06:43 AM.
  #7  
Old 05-29-2010, 04:26 PM
Senior Member
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 208
Default

Originally Posted by AM10 View Post
I had about 30cents in the car and nothing worth inside that visible so that is why it sucks..
Yes it does suck especially since an active motion alarm enabled might have prevented it. But ya gotta wonder why it was done in the first place since nothing else was broken or pryed on, right?..it almost sounds like someone did this out of spite or jealousy, maybe someone you know?.... or maybe I've seen too many cop shows.
 
  #8  
Old 05-31-2010, 08:41 PM
Junior Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 14
Default

Originally Posted by mystrodo View Post
Yes it does suck especially since an active motion alarm enabled might have prevented it. But ya gotta wonder why it was done in the first place since nothing else was broken or pryed on, right?..it almost sounds like someone did this out of spite or jealousy, maybe someone you know?.... or maybe I've seen too many cop shows.
I really don't know, it's Chicago and it was in an alley so I guess that's why..My debit card was blocked from my bank although I didn't tell them anything cause I knew I didn't have any important documents so now I kind of scared.
 
  #9  
Old 06-29-2010, 12:02 AM
Junior Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 14
Default

Originally Posted by Jeffla View Post
That sucks.

It's odd your car does not have a factory alarm with motion sensors. I thought all A6's did, mine certainly does and if anyone breaks a window, puts there hand inside the car or whatever the thing goes off. If I leave windows open the wind will set it off unless I deactivate the motion sensor.

Is it possible your alarm has been disabled? Our BMW has an alarm but the prior owner had the dealer disable it. We keep meaning to have them turn it back on.
I just got my car back today and I can't find my manual but I was trying to enable my car alarm and I went to car, setup and setting but I can find anything how to enable the alarm and you said that the dealer may have done it so do you know how can I change my alarm setting? does anyone know how to do that, my car is 2006 perhaps I don't have that option?
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
lpgitech
B5 Models
6
05-25-2013 11:47 AM
yenkonova
Audi A6
6
01-26-2010 09:59 AM
Audititagain
Computer & Fuel Systems
0
02-21-2009 10:46 AM
Black_97 A4
Audi A4
1
07-06-2007 11:00 AM
uscourt3000
Audi A4
2
03-29-2007 10:44 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: got robbed through the sunroof, need a good alarm system


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.