Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

gti 1.8t vs a6 2.7t

Old 08-09-2008, 10:22 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Pablo_Ottawa View Post
Yeah, do this if you want to throw a code and trigger your CEL, DUHHHH...

In other words, DON'T do this.

Just take the MAF out while your car is OFF and clean it with electronic parts cleaner (rubbing alcohol in a spray can) and put it back in. No problems, no CEL.

I was under the impression that he has already threw a CEL. So if it is already tripped yeas you can do this. Oh and another thing is you can clear your codes fairly easily. You may also have a vacuum leak there is a way to test this. When i find the link I will post it. So Pablo if it is hesitating like he said theres probably a very good chance his CEL is already on!

Old 08-09-2008, 06:15 PM
3rd Gear

Actually a simple way of seeing if your MAF sensor is bad is to run the car while disconnecting the MAF sensor wiring. Many times than not, the car runs better without the MAF wiring plugged in, if the sensor is bad.

Old 08-09-2008, 08:13 PM
1st Gear

Wammy, I am not certain why you feel the need to utter threats and wish me harm. Not once in this post have I directed a single comment towards you. I just find it funny when the old discussion of which turbo will spool first comes up. In order to answer that we need to know all sorts of other data, exhaust system, fueling, intake. Turbos spool from exhaust pressure, so the faster you can build exhaust pressure the faster you can spool a turbo. Try to keep your personal dislike for me out of the forum. we are all adults, lets act like it.

Old 08-10-2008, 12:06 PM

my car only does it sometimes though.. thats what gets me.. sometimes it will pull great.. other imes it will start to pull then just lose all power or boost.. and other times it will spudder.. its crazy like it just does what it wants whenever.. its hard for me to tell what it is.. i am thinking DV's though

Old 08-10-2008, 12:35 PM
1st Gear

can you run any logs on it, best way to tell what's going on, do you notice if the outdoor temp. has any effect on things, could just be ECU pulling timing and boost due to high IAT's

Search this Thread