Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2008, 03:46 PM
1st Gear
Default help

so i go to the park with the kid and i park on a pretty steep grass hill thinking no big deal its an audi ill be fine. So about half hour goes by and i get back in my car and start her up and both my abs light and my esc light is on so i back down the hill turn my car off and turn it back on and it went away. this is the second time this happened didnt pay attention to i tthe first time just did the same thing turned it off then on..... ne suggestions

Old 08-19-2008, 04:12 PM
3rd Gear
Wink

Originally Posted by spydrflash02
so i go to the park with the kid and i park on a pretty steep grass hill thinking no big deal its an audi ill be fine. So about half hour goes by and i get back in my car and start her up and both my abs light and my esc light is on so i back down the hill turn my car off and turn it back on and it went away. this is the second time this happened didnt pay attention to i tthe first time just did the same thing turned it off then on..... ne suggestions

Here is what you should have said

"So I go to the park with the kid today and park on a steep grass hill. Of course I called for a flatbed to be on standby just in case. About 1/2 an hour goes by and I see the car has not gone up in flames and nothing looks broken (that's odd I think). It starts (no really it starts) and see that only the abs/esp lights are on. What a great day it has been."

You probably need a new abs module.

Jeff

Old 08-19-2008, 04:14 PM
1st Gear

haha well u can tell i just but my audi 2 months ago

Old 08-19-2008, 05:53 PM
3rd Gear

Jeffla is probably right; however, there are many cases where ABS light and ESC light are related to the brake switch. It is a $10 park and 30 min labor. I would try that first.

Old 08-19-2008, 07:25 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by hxgaser
Jeffla is probably right; however, there are many cases where ABS light and ESC light are related to the brake switch. It is a $10 park and 30 min labor. I would try that first.
Good point, never even thought of that

Old 08-20-2008, 05:16 AM
3rd Gear

LOL Check for low fluid in the brake master cylinder

Old 08-20-2008, 10:16 AM
2nd Gear

Check for worn brake pads. As they wear, they allow more fluid into the caliper, so less is in the master cylinder reservoir, so when you park on a hill you get the warning light. Of course, don't change the pads until you need to, but, until you do, don't worry about the light.

Bob

Old 08-20-2008, 10:40 AM
1st Gear

well the break pads and rotors were just replaced when i bought the car ill still check it just to make sure though