Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP!audi a6 2.7t oil pressure light on!!! DNT LET AN AUDI DIE!

Old 03-08-2010, 05:19 PM
Exclamation HELP!audi a6 2.7t oil pressure light on!!! DNT LET AN AUDI DIE!

i was driving my car just like a normal day, then i hear beep beep beep. i lookd at the screen and i see the oil pressure light on. i stop and checkd the oil and the dip stick showed it was over fiilled so i thought there was no need to add oil "maybe is just a over fill" but i would never do tat. i been cheking my oil pressure for 2 days already, i noticed some little tiny bubbles. i took the car to the mechanic and he said it could be a bad oil pump which is about $260 labor about $200. the mechanic also mention he had to remove the front suspension in oder to b able to remove the oil pump is this true?? and is thre anything else i can try to do before replacing the oil pump?? please help!!

Old 03-09-2010, 01:12 PM
2nd Gear

It's either the sensor or the pump if the engine appears to be overfilled but you didn't over fill it I would bet it's the pump. If you continue to drive it You'll cook the heads. Without oil pressure it should be running crappy as well because it won't be able to adjust the cam timing correctly.

Old 03-09-2010, 04:27 PM
1st Gear

I had a similar issue and though my level was right on, and only reared its ugly head in really hot weather, I assumed it was the sensor.

But hey, if the mechanic has to remove the suspension (for only $200 as part of this service??? that's CHEAP) then best to have him look over ALL of that as well.

Old 03-10-2010, 09:04 AM

my light has not went on again for the past 3 days.BUT!! WEN EVER I CHECK MI OIL PRESSURE MI DIP STICK SHOW THE OIL AT MIN. WHICH SHOULDNT B LIKE TAT BECAUSE I CHANGED THE OIL 2 DAYS AGO SO I KNO ITS BOT EMPTY. MY CAR DOES HAVE A SMALL OIL LEAK SOMEWHERE INSIDE THE TIMING BELT. WHICH I WANT TO FIX ASAP. THE LEAK IS NOT BAD SO I DOUBT TAT WOULD B THE REASON WHY MY DIP STICK IS SHOWING MIN. I CHECK MI OIL BEFORE I TURN THE CAR ON AND AFETER I TURN IT ON. WAT WOULD BE THE BEST WAY TO CHECK MY OIL PRESSURE??? AND HOW MUCH OIL DOES AN AUDI A6 HOLD>? SINCE I ONLI ADDED 6 QUARTS TO IT WHEN I DID THE OIL CHANGE?

Old 03-11-2010, 01:35 PM
1st Gear

You didn't put enough oil in. You need 7.3 quarts.

Old 03-16-2010, 11:09 AM
2nd Gear

If you truly have low oil pressure, your lifters would be making quite a noise. Since you haven't mentioned a noise, and since your car is still running, you can assume you have good pressure and your sensor is probably bad. Have it replaced first. While the mechanic has the sensor out, have him check the actual oil pressure with a gauge, just to be sure.

Bob