Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help, Battery Dead after replacing twice

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2010, 12:44 PM
1st Gear
Default Help, Battery Dead after replacing twice

Well my first battery died and it was before 2 years completed. I took it to NTB and they couldnt find anything wrong and reboosted my Battery. Battery dies again, and I ended up buying a new Battery. A day after I had purchased it, it DIES on me again.

My brother says that the alternator might be causing the problem. I dont know much about the electronics part of the car. If it is the alternator, where is it located?

Car is an A6 2.8 2001
had this car for 4 years, and it rarely gives me problems like this

Old 06-26-2010, 01:44 PM
AudiForums WilkommenVagen Direktor

Your brother is probably right!

Watch the voltage gauge on the bottom right of your dash. with your car running it should hold steady around 14-15V. If it drops down to 12 or less you need a new alternator.

Alternator is on the front of the engine, near the bottom, on the passenger side. It runs off the accessory drive belt (which also might be part or all of your problem)

Old 06-26-2010, 04:30 PM
1st Gear

Thanks Beau

I Did realize that my voltage on the dash went down, and at first I thiught it was because I didnt have my amp connected to the battery. But I connected and the voltage stayed the same at 12 I beleive

thanks for the help