Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help..changed a few fuses and the transmission won't shift into second

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2005, 05:57 PM
Default help..changed a few fuses and the transmission won't shift into second

Yesterday i noticed that i had a tail light out and i went to check and see if the fuse was out..so next i changed the fuse with one that had slighty more amps then you should have..next my gauges wouldn't work because the fuse blew so i replaced it with another fuse with more amps..then when that broke i went and put the correct fuse into it's position..so i thought everything was ok but when i went to drive it the trasmission wouldn't shift into second.Help Help..i was thinking i might need to disconnect the battery to reset the computer..would that work?..transmission isn't broken but it just won't shift into second,third,or forth..it's my first car a 1995 audi a6

Old 12-21-2005, 10:12 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: help..changed a few fuses and the transmission won't shift into second

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING

THAT IS THE DUMBEST THING YOU COULD EVER DO TO AN ELECTRICAL SYSTEM

WHY IN THE HELL WOULD YOU DO THAT

Old 12-21-2005, 11:48 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: help..changed a few fuses and the transmission won't shift into second

the only bit of advice i have for you... go to the dealership, or someone who knows what they are doing. dont just replace fuses with others, there are amp ratings for reasons.

Old 12-22-2005, 04:31 AM
1st Gear

[sm=laughat.gif] Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

Old 12-22-2005, 10:54 AM
1st Gear

u might as well of replaces the fuse w/ tin foil that would of worked just as well.....

take it to someone that has a clue (no that doesnt mean your friend that had two cars...)

Old 12-27-2005, 02:56 AM

Wow thanks guys for no help what so ever..great forum..i know that you should only put the correct fuses in the right spots but when it's 2:30 in the morning 10 miles away from a place that has car fuses and you needed to be somewhere an hour ago you have to make due with what you have..once i put the right fuses in everything was fine after i disconnected and reconnected the battery.