Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help needed with interior light prob

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 10:10 PM
Question help needed with interior light prob

Hello all I have a very WEIRD prob. I drive an 03 A6 3.0L ( fwd,cvt) the prob that I have is that when I sit on my front driver side seat the interior lights come on and it says that my back driver side door is open. Also when I use the power seat to move it up no change, but when I move it back the light goes out. In other words EVERY TIME I press back on the power seat button the light goes out even if the seat is all the way back. but all is solved if I dond sit cauz the light goes out when I get up from the seat ( I AM 186 LBS, just incase ) any help would be geat cauz with the door reading open the locks dont work eather. THX

Old 05-22-2009, 12:22 PM
3rd Gear

You have a short circuit someplace. Probably a wire connecting to ground.

Old 05-22-2009, 12:27 PM
3rd Gear

common problem, well becoming common at least.

The drivers side rear passenger foot well light is shorting out telling the cars ecu that the rear door has opened and turns the dome lights on. The light you are looking for is under the drivers seat. Open the rear drivers door and you will see it lighting up the floor down there.

To solve this temp. disconnect that light from the circuit. I can't remember exactly, but on the front of the driver seat next to the center console there are a bunch of wire harness connectors. Unplug the one leading back the the light. You might be able to just remove the bulb, I never tried that. See pic and look for the black connector on top the the red one.

Attached Thumbnails help needed with interior light prob-000_0107.jpg  
Old 05-22-2009, 08:08 PM

Mr. Jeffla thank you for your help that worked

Old 05-23-2009, 12:42 PM
3rd Gear

Glad to help.

Old 06-19-2013, 03:17 AM
1st Gear

Hi guys,
I am new on this forum, unfortunately joined when experienced problem with my A6. It is 2002 2.5 tdi Quattro Avant.

I have exactly the same problem with interior lights and door indicator. In addition, this problem causes related fuse to burn (as soon as I replace it it burns so I cannot open windows and solar roof).

I tried to disconnect the black connector from the picture. But I am not able to approach it as it is attached to the seat from the bottom. Any technical solution for this - should I detach the whole seat in order to approach this little connector? If yes, how?

And I didn't understood what is the solution for this problem - I guess when I disconnect connector it will stop flashing lights and sending weird massages to the control unit. But at the same time some of the functionalities will disappear (which?). What should be the long term solution to have all functionalities operative?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Old 06-19-2013, 08:05 PM
3rd Gear

by disconnecting the black plug you are only disconnecting the dome light under your drivers seat. If you can't get to the connector, removing the light bulb will probably work just the same.

Old 06-20-2013, 07:58 AM
1st Gear

Finally, I managed to disconnect connector and seems ok now.
But I noted that back interior lights does not work almost at all (only reading light on the right side works, the steering wheel is on the left).
If someone have an idea if this is linked to connector I disconnected or knows what other can be wrong it would be useful to know.
but anyway this is not a big issue for me.
thanks for quick help.