Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HEY GUYS, NEED transmission help..PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 11:13 PM
1st Gear
Default HEY GUYS, NEED transmission help..PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Hi guys, Im Matt...

Just bought an Audi A6 Private Party a couple of weeks ago, and just recently (yesterday) I was driving in the highway like always and I had a guy pull me over because i guess my car was about to burst into flames. Longs story short.

Its leaking from between the engine and the transmission LIKE CRAZY. I mean 1 quart a minute. I DONT KNOW WHY..

I drive it and its strange because once it hits 40MPH, the car kinda jerks, very little, VERy hard to notice. and it happens every time it passes 40MPH. afterwards, it starts leaking. its not engine oil, other oils are good, its tranny because it has a very werid texture to it and it smells funny.

HELP ME.. it shifts like a champ, just leaks the sea out.
Please help. ANY HINTS, ADVICE WOULD BE GREAT.

THANKS AGAIN.
car speaks

1999 Audi A6
FWD
110,xxx
Automatic/tiptronic

If you need more info post up.

Old 05-04-2008, 11:20 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: HEY GUYS, NEED transmission help..PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

You obviously have a bad seal, rear seal probably, but you better not drive your car another inch. If you are dumping tranny fluid, it would be unwise to drive your car at all, don't even start it. Well, I guess if you want to buy a new transmission feel free to take it one a joy ride. I suggest you get it towed to a transmission shop if you are not the diy type.

Jeff

Welcome to the forums Too bad your first post couldn't have been on a happier note.

Old 05-05-2008, 12:12 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: HEY GUYS, NEED transmission help..PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Sorry to hear, as stated above I would not touch your car, get it towed to an Indy shop specialized in Audi.

What color is the fluid? I find it weird what it shifs awesome, no symptoms but the tranny is leaking that much!!!
How's your coolant level?

Old 05-05-2008, 01:58 AM
1st Gear

dont get me wrong, i love the car, its in great condition, ive had a 2.7T, and damn i was stupid when i got rid of it, but anyways, its coolant is still good , and is full in the resivor on the engine bay. im more leaning thourds the seal, but i havent touched audi, and it looks time consuming (something i dont have).. how much u guys think itll cost me? ballpark.. im in temecula CA,... know of any shops?

Old 05-07-2008, 11:01 PM

You have totell the tow truck company that you have awd, so that they send the right kind of tow truck. If you have AAAmembership one towmaybe free up to a certain mileage.
Pick a shop which does Auditransmissions and have them check the transmission pan and front differentialfor fluid before they start the engine. You have a leaking seal, but which one? Have them show you where it is leaking and an estimate of the repair. If the transmission has to be pulled, perhaps this would be the time for a transmissionoverhaul and a new or rebuilttorque converter.
Be sure that they use the Audi type ATF and not a cheap substitute.