AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   Audi A6 (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a6-9/)
-   -   How do I use Sports mode on auto transmission? (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a6-9/how-do-i-use-sports-mode-auto-transmission-96907/)

Project 03-30-2008 11:30 PM

How do I use Sports mode on auto transmission?

How do I use this? Can I just switch over whenever? I switched it like 3 times from Drive while on the freeway, I wanna make sure I didn't f it up.

espeed 03-30-2008 11:53 PM

RE: How do I use Sports mode on auto transmission?

You just put it into S whenever you want to it won't damage anything. On the highway I don't believe it makes any difference if its in drive or S mode. But on regular street grounds it does keep the rpms higher then in D. Hope it helped

Project 03-31-2008 12:00 AM

Does it use more gas up?
Does it help with suspension/turning?

Is keeping the RPMs higher a good thing?

joetm 03-31-2008 12:59 AM

bump

??

WeezyTT 03-31-2008 01:01 AM

Yes
Not sure but i don't think so
Depends if you want better throttle response, otherwise you're wasting gas for no reason

Project 03-31-2008 01:59 AM

Please explain what increased throttle response will do?

joetm 03-31-2008 09:37 AM

well look at it this way in if your in D and you come out of a corner youll most likely be braking into/throughout the corner so your trans will be in 5th gear when u go to give it gas it will have to think to upshift to second or third gear for you to get proper acceleration ... now S will hold a gear till a little over 3000rpms so if your going into the corner Smode will keep your trans in a lower gear bc it is programed to keep the trans around 3000rpm and when your coming out of the corner you will still be in 3rd gear and when u step on it ull instandly swing out of the corner ... D is way more gas efficient i have found bc i drove in S for about a week and it ate all my gas ... i too was wondering if it was bad to keep the rpms up that high but i guess not(didnt want to start burning oil)

but increased throttle response doesnt really mean anything unless your racing or fooling around with another car or just having fun

Wayne.L 03-31-2008 08:28 PM

best way to experience the S is to put the car into S and slam on the throttle~ such a sensation... not on highway thro..wont make a difference, but if you are on roads with lots of throttle then brake then throttle again, you can realy tell the difference from D~~ but BE SAFE!

Sam Wilson 09-29-2018 01:55 PM

good mpg in sport mode

so today just driving around pretty empty streets at 35mph in sport mode I realised that my mpg was great as it was on cruise control but driving in a low gear till I pressed accelerator is it bad for the engine to be in such a high gear