Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how easy would it be to change my Symphony I radio for a symphony II

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 07:46 PM
1st Gear
Default how easy would it be to change my Symphony I radio for a symphony II

Just a quick question, how easy would it be to change my Symphony I radio for a symphony II. I am not really interested if it is not just a case of a plug and play unit switch out.

Old 08-26-2008, 11:57 PM
1st Gear

I hate to tell you that its not going to be just a plug and play kind of install, but... There is a very well written step by step guid to do it at http://www.nsxjr.com/downloads.html . The site also has an article on installing a NAV+ head unit. Way way way more in-depth but i think way cooler than the sympony II headunit.

Good luck with which ever way you may decide. If a person takes it slow and doesnt get into a rush I think the guide is well enough written they could perform the mod.

Old 08-27-2008, 03:19 AM
1st Gear

EVERYBODY THINKS ITS INPOSSIBLE, HERE IS A SIMPLE STEP BY STEP WITH PICTURES. get an OEM double din.

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/lcd-...a6-1999-a.html

Old 08-27-2008, 08:33 AM
1st Gear

I wouldn't say it is impossible. It is not that hard even, however, there are a number of parts involved. There is the double din cage, the new A/C controls, new cigarate tray, new cover for the cupholder and warning light etc. Straight forward but can be costly.

Look on eBay for someone who is pulling their car to pieces, they should be able to do you a better price for the whole lot. Just make sure the AC controls match what your car has, i.e. don't end up with controls that don't have the heated seat controls if you have heated seats....

Good luck.