AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   Audi A6 (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a6-9/)
-   -   Increase Power Output (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a6-9/increase-power-output-191877/)

Ed'sA6Quattro 01-31-2013 11:59 AM

Increase Power Output

I just purchased a 2006 A6 Quattro and I would like to increase my H/P output. I thought of installing a K&N air intake but I'd like to know if this will require any additional upgrades of modifications

nm3210 01-31-2013 03:46 PM

Do you have the 2.8 or 2.7T (turbo)? The stock air intake is actually REALLY good on an audi, and unless you really go all out you won't see any benefit. If you have the 2.8 and want more power it's best advised to get a new car, there's really nothing you can do.

ppgoal 02-02-2013 11:53 AM

I thought the 2006 came with the 3.2 engine. If so, IMHO I would not waste the money on a CAI. I have heard claims of +20hp but also that Audi air intakes are pretty efficient as is. I have a K&N air filter and it really made no difference in performance but I have not had to buy an air filter in five years.

nm3210 02-02-2013 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by ppgoal (Post 1422637)
I thought the 2006 came with the 3.2 engine. If so, IMHO I would not waste the money on a CAI. I have heard claims of +20hp but also that Audi air intakes are pretty efficient as is. I have a K&N air filter and it really made no difference in performance but I have not had to buy an air filter in five years.

Wow, I read 2000, sorry.

Ed'sA6Quattro 02-05-2013 12:03 AM

Thank you so much for your advice. I guess some things are just better off left alone. Than you

Ed'sA6Quattro 07-01-2014 08:47 PM

I am thinking on de badging my A6 Quattro, I just had the mesh grill installed and it looks clean. I was wondering if I do de badge should I take the rings off the trunk lid as well. Would this cost me a ticket anywhere on the east coast?
Majority rules :-)

ppgoal 07-02-2014 09:39 AM

A properly displayed license plate(s) is all that matters. The PO of my 2.7T took off the A6 and 2.7T but left the rings. I wish I had all three rear sets. I almost bought replacements but they were ridiculously expensive for small bits of plastic. This is a matter of personal taste - what do you care what anyone else thinks? Are you trying to please yourself or the larger forum audience who could never agree to a single model, color, accessory, or even if Audi builds good, great, or crappy car.?

Ed'sA6Quattro 07-02-2014 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by ppgoal (Post 1474952)
A properly displayed license plate(s) is all that matters. The PO of my 2.7T took off the A6 and 2.7T but left the rings. I wish I had all three rear sets. I almost bought replacements but they were ridiculously expensive for small bits of plastic. This is a matter of personal taste - what do you care what anyone else thinks? Are you trying to please yourself or the larger forum audience who could never agree to a single model, color, accessory, or even if Audi builds good, great, or crappy car.?

Thank you so much for your valued opinion. Good luck on finding your replacements.