Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

intermittent turn signals

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2009, 01:49 PM
Default intermittent turn signals

Hello to All,

Thank you for your review of my current situation.

My 2001 A6 (100km,60mi) turn signals are malfunctioning. They turn off within a flick or 2, if they turn on at all.

The dashboard turn signal indicator, the clicking sound that it makes, & the exterior turn signal lights are still in tandem - either all 3 works for a second or they all dont.
Please note that my hazard lights work perfectly.

I am a novice, but I have deduced that my problem is likely either my relay or the switch (arm) that needs replacement.

Is the relay easily accessible? If it is located within the breaker panel perhaps I can replace it myself - or is located behind the dash & too difficult?

I'm very price sensitive, what level of expertise is required to confirm my diagnosis & correct the problem? (can I safely save a few bucks on this one and skip the dealer)

Thank you for any help you may provide

Old 08-24-2009, 03:04 PM
3rd Gear

The relay is actually built into the hazard flasher. It is easily accessible be removing the trim around the cup holder. Just pry it out from the side with an interior trim remover or a flat head screw driver. Be sure to pull the trim out from the side, not top, as the clips are delicate. (I had to reglue mine with super glue.) Then wiggle out the hazard flasher/switch assembly with a flat head screw driver. FYI, the cheapest place where I found the switch was here.

http://www.genuinevwaudiparts.com/

I think yours is a 10 pin switch, not 7 pin. (my 2001 A6 Avant was 10 pin too.) But just verify it prior to ordering it.