Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

irregular idle after mods?? Comments please!

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 08:47 PM
1st Gear
Default irregular idle after mods?? Comments please!

I am trying to determine the source of this problem. The car runs and sounds great. When I come to a stoplight, the car's idle is rather irregular. By irregular, I mean that it almost sounds and feels like it is going to clunk out on me and it shakes the car. Not violently, but I know it's there. My fiance thinks I'm crazy. If you guys are like me, I know, you know, every inch of your car. Especially, when a problem rears itself.

I recentlyinstalled 710N DV's, a Samco TBB and had AWE Tuning flash the ECU. I honestly, don't thinkthe flash hasanything to do with it.Or at least I hope it doesn't.

The car is an 01 2.7Tw/62k on the clock and it is a manual trans.

Vacumm problem? Spark plug problem? Coil pack problem?

What do you all think. Please help!

I am going in for an oil change and I would like to be able to pin point this before I release the car to my mechanic.

Thanks
E

Old 04-10-2008, 09:55 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: irregular idle after mods?? Comments please!

any CEL and codes?

Old 04-10-2008, 10:05 PM
2nd Gear

well did u put the DVs on after u chipped it ??? sometimes i hear it screws stuff up ... just get it reflashed

Old 04-10-2008, 11:15 PM
1st Gear

No codes or cels that I am aware of. Yes, the DV's were installed after the flash (the day after).
Really, you think it's possible that the new DVs are screwing with the flash program?

Old 04-10-2008, 11:18 PM
1st Gear

try resetting the throttle body position, could be after the flash your car wasn't given time to relearn

Old 04-11-2008, 12:22 AM
2nd Gear

true ... but if th reset fails then take it back and get it reflashed

Old 04-11-2008, 01:12 PM
1st Gear

Ok, I called John over at AWE Tuning and seems to believe that the my problem and the flash are isolated. He said the ca should have learnd in one day. I am almost ositive that I installed the dv's a day or two later. Would this cause a problem?

As far as, resetting the throttle body; how do I go about doing that? Does it have to be done by a vag-com or can I do it by hand?

I am going in for an oil change so I might have my mechanic look it over. Should I tell him about the flash program. If I don't have to I would rather not. John from AWE said just switch it over to stock mode for diagnostic purposes. Truth?

I appreciate the comments guys, thanks. Keep them coming!

E

Old 04-11-2008, 03:06 PM
2nd Gear

i told my mechanic just in case ... tell him ..who cares?? lol ... are you local to awe i live 15 mins away and never have seen anyone on the a6 forum local to me hah

anyway get your oil changed and have the mechanic reset the Throttle body if it continues yes i have heard that dvs after chip can get funky ... i didnt have a problem and i put the dvs in a week after i think ... my car was fine when i drove it outta that garage at awe so... its gotta be the chip

i never change between programs when i take it in teh shop bc they will adjust your car to how it runs and if u switch back when ur driving out of your shop then its not going to run like it did when your mechanic worked on it

good luck

Old 04-11-2008, 03:43 PM
1st Gear

Thanks Joe, I live like 10 minutes away from AWE in willow grove. I live in Glenside, pa. you close to me? i saw on the A4 forms how to reset the tb. i think i'll try it. i hope its the same procedure for the2.7t?

Old 04-11-2008, 04:04 PM
2nd Gear

lafayette hill not too far from glenside

pretty sure it shoudl be the same

Quick Reply: irregular idle after mods?? Comments please!