Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just Dropped $4,200 on my A6 2.7t

Old 03-29-2012, 06:34 PM
1st Gear
Default Just Dropped $4,200 on my A6 2.7t

Hello audi..im new here, been reading for sometime though, on this wonderful forum, AFTER i bought the A6 2.7T..So..i Buy a 2002 AUDI 2.7T turbo with 150,000 miles on it,great shape..Was told buy the seller,nothing was wrong with it @ all..I looked @ a few other A6 2.7T<both had oil leaks,so i passed on them..was told its a easy and cheap fix..Yea right, i was thinking
anyways, i test drove the 2002 A6 before i bought it, and was told to "punch the gas" its drives great! and the seller was right,it drove super nice..i loved it..

Well i take it to my Local Audi guy and he went over it,and gave me a call about what needs to be replaced..ALMOST EVERY FU*KING thing needed fixed!..So i say go ahead and do what needs to be done..Heres a list of what i got fixed..

Timing Belt changed "OEM" ..pully changed ..water pump ,and gaskets..

Both Turbos seals replaced

Coolant Expansion Tank replaced

cleaned Engine and had Die to watch for leaks..No leaks..

Complete Engine Flushed

Full Synthetic Oil 7.1 Quarts

Coolant Temp Sensor replaced

Right side Inner and Outer Tie Rod Ends replaced..

Thermostat Housing replaced and water temp sender replaced..

Steering CV Replaced

New Spark Plugs

Lower Oil pan Gaskets

Gasket V6 valve cover,adjuster gasket and cam cap all replaced..Also..all 4 suspension Upper bushings replaced..

18 inch chrome wheels with brand new tires....along with a 4 wheel alignment..

So..now the car drives and runs very nice..its a fun car to drive,and since i live in snow areas, im going to enjoy the drive..
Just wanted other wannabe Audi owners..save your $ for your Audi, becuse im sure this isnt the last thing im going to have to fix..but the 2.7T Turbo ROCKS!

Old 03-29-2012, 06:56 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by cmiller
Hello audi..im new here, been reading for sometime though, on this wonderful forum, AFTER i bought the A6 2.7T..So..i Buy a 2002 AUDI 2.7T turbo with 150,000 miles on it,great shape..Was told buy the seller,nothing was wrong with it @ all..I looked @ a few other A6 2.7T<both had oil leaks,so i passed on them..was told its a easy and cheap fix..Yea right, i was thinking
anyways, i test drove the 2002 A6 before i bought it, and was told to "punch the gas" its drives great! and the seller was right,it drove super nice..i loved it..

Well i take it to my Local Audi guy and he went over it,and gave me a call about what needs to be replaced..ALMOST EVERY FU*KING thing needed fixed!..So i say go ahead and do what needs to be done..Heres a list of what i got fixed..

Timing Belt changed "OEM" ..pully changed ..water pump ,and gaskets..

Both Turbos seals replaced

Coolant Expansion Tank replaced

cleaned Engine and had Die to watch for leaks..No leaks..

Complete Engine Flushed

Full Synthetic Oil 7.1 Quarts

Coolant Temp Sensor replaced

Right side Inner and Outer Tie Rod Ends replaced..

Thermostat Housing replaced and water temp sender replaced..

Steering CV Replaced

New Spark Plugs

Lower Oil pan Gaskets

Gasket V6 valve cover,adjuster gasket and cam cap all replaced..Also..all 4 suspension Upper bushings replaced..

18 inch chrome wheels with brand new tires....along with a 4 wheel alignment..

So..now the car drives and runs very nice..its a fun car to drive,and since i live in snow areas, im going to enjoy the drive..
Just wanted other wannabe Audi owners..save your $ for your Audi, becuse im sure this isnt the last thing im going to have to fix..but the 2.7T Turbo ROCKS!
Welcome! These are great cars use they do require some maintenance every now and then that's why it would be wise to look for a European shop around town. They will basically cut dealers prices by half.
Did you get the tiptronic or 6speed?

The turbo seals: does the engine have to come out for that?

Old 03-29-2012, 07:57 PM
Tech Certified

Glad you had all your mechanical work done! Usually it's the rims first & let's see if we can fix the broke stuff later when a tow truck is necessary.
And o yea , Welcome & enjoy your ride.

Old 03-29-2012, 10:36 PM
RGT
1st Gear

I have an '02 also, fun car to drive. At least now you should have a reliable car. Do you mind telling what you paid for the car?