Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just So Everyone Knows....ABS/Brake Light

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 01:25 PM
1st Gear
Default Just So Everyone Knows....ABS/Brake Light

Took our 98 A6 into our mechanic for some "minor" work....started off just being the passenger front window regulator but I get a call, 90,000mile service, CV boot on passanger side ripped, no grease of course, rear brakes/rotors need replaced....did tell them that the ABS/Brake light was coming on from time to time....after searching the forum here I am hoping that replacing the rear brakes/rotors takes care of that issue, besides, no codes were coming up at the garage....

So, for this little visit, just having them do the CV boot and the brakes....will have to take it back in about a month for the other stuff....

Great little forum here, glad I found it....confirmed what I was thinking about the ABS/Brake light.

Jim

Old 08-20-2007, 01:42 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Just So Everyone Knows....ABS/Brake Light

ABS light will come on with low pad sensor. The sensor works off of a metal piece in the pad that when the pad is ground low enough will make contact with the rotor and complete the circuit lighting your dash light. It can be an on off thing at first because it might not always be making contact, wear it out some more and you will get a solid light.

Old 08-20-2007, 01:51 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Just So Everyone Knows....ABS/Brake Light

That makes big time sense! Funny, it never came on when the front brakes went a few years back....oh well....